4.8

'so far away, but she says i remind her of home, feeling oh so far from home.'

(carolina - harry styles)

-

A.

It surprisingly hadn't taken much convincing for my parents to let me go to Manchester - my mother hadn't had much of an opinion on it, while my dad seemed to think it would be a good experience for me, and since he was suddenly Harry's best friend and Celia's number one fan - he was happy to pay for my flight, and even offered to pay for Harry's, which of course Harry declined due to his own pride.

Niall didn't come with us, as for whatever reason, he hadn't felt like going on a trip - Liam, though, reluctantly joined us - claiming it was purely because he'd missed Celia.

We boarded the flight, coincidentally finding ourselves in a row together - Harry taking the window and forcing me into the middle, and Liam taking the aisle. 

"These shows are all shit," Liam groaned at the screen on the back of the seat in front of him within a literal two seconds of sitting down,  "how am I supposed to survive nine and a half hours with only the first season of 'Suits'?"

"Quit complaining, idiot, we both know you'll be asleep within the first half hour," Harry snorted from beside me, as Liam huffed.

"You two are assholes, I'm not gonna survive this trip."

"What did I do?!" I protested, turning as much as I could in my chair to face Liam, as he sighed.

"You're right, Ana, you're perfect. I won't let my hatred for Harry's ratty ass get in the way of my adoration for you," he said, shooting me a smile as I chuckled, kissing his cheek before turning back to the position I was in.

"Ew," Harry scoffed, lifting up the arm rest between us to wind an arm around my shoulder, "stop kissing my girlfriend's ass, dumbo."

"Shut up, both of you," I rolled my eyes, as Liam shot Harry another glare before fishing his earphones out of his pocket and sticking them in his ears.

"Whatever - I'm listening to some Cardi to make this flight less painful. See you bitches in ten hours,"  he said, hitting play on his phone and leaning back against his neck pillow.

"He's a nightmare," Harry groaned, leaning his head on my shoulder once Liam was quiet.

"He's also your best friend, and you're no picnic either," I teased, resting my head against his, and fishing my own phone from my pocket to rest it on my lap and set it onto airplane mode. The announcement was made that we were taking off, and within moments we were in the air, en route to Manchester.

I wasn't sure how I felt about going. I'd never even been out of the country, let alone to another so far away - I found myself excited; to see Celia once more, and to see where Harry had grown up, as well as possessing those exciting nerves; to meet Harry's sister, and to spend a long weekend with them - but there was also the slight tinge of dread; I knew Harry didn't like going home - in fact, he didn't even consider it his home, which I didn't blame him for. He had only horrible memories to go back to, but I only hoped there would be no trouble when he got there, and that he could be slightly more relaxed to be with his family. 

"I hate long flights," Harry blew out a breath, running a hand through his hair as I shrugged.

"At least you chose one at night," I pointed out, "you can sleep the night through."

"Nah, the timezone's a bit dodgy for that," he explained, pressing a short kiss to my jaw and then to my neck, drawing his typical circles on my forearm with his thumb.