2.9

'goodbyes are bittersweet, but it's not the end - i'll see your face again.'

(walking in the wind - one direction)

-

Skin. All I could feel was skin; bare skin. Some areas soft, some jagged beneath the pads of my fingers, my eyes slowly opening to reveal the source. His tanned skin and toned stomach on show as his leg was pushed between my thighs, my eyes flicking from his body to his face; his face. His hair lay sprawled across his forehead and onto the pillow; his face soft, at peace - quiet breaths blown between his parted lips. My thumb ran subconsciously over his cheek, my touch feathery light on his skin. I noted each detail of his face; the dark freckles dotted over his cheek, beside the single mole lower down on his face; the fineline where his dimple lay incredibly faint due to his lack of expression.

"I love you," I couldn't help but murmur into the dimly lit room, the sound of my voice echoing from each surface. It wasn't light outside; it couldn't be morning, though I didn't have the heart to check  - I was enjoying Harry's arms around me far too much. 

"Check the time, and then you can cuddle with me some more," Harry mumbled suddenly, his voice thick with sleep, "I know you're bloody itching to." A faint smile pulled at his lips as his eyes remained closed, and I reached over to grab my phone.
"It's 12:30," I informed him, thankfully confirming we hadn't slept the whole night through, "We missed 12."

"Mm, Happy New Year," he muttered, his eyes remaining closed as he tugged me closer to him once more, pecking my lips quickly.

"Happy New Year," I chuckled in return, "we should go downstairs - people will be wondering where we are."

"Let them wonder," Harry said dismissively, burying his head into my neck in attempts to sleep some more. 

"It's New Years," I said simply, "Come on."

"I don't-" my door flew open, cutting our conversation short in an instant. Harry's eyes flew open, a look of confusion and annoyance on his face.

"Anastasia, are you in here? Don't you realise you've - oh my goodness!" the voice turned from curiosity to anger within a mere second, as I quickly pulled my covers further over the two of us. 

"Mother.." I trailed off, glancing at Harry to see his head buried in his hands, unable to be read.

"What the fuck is going on?" my mother screamed, and I almost gasped - I'd never heard that woman curse in my life, "Well, it's clear what's going on. I knew that you were whoring around with this idiot since the moment I met him - I'm so appalled-" she raged, and I found myself trying to reason with her.

"Mother, please, it's not-"

"Shut up, Anastasia - you can't say a damn thing - look at you! Your father and I raised you better than to be a disgusting slut - how-"

"Don't talk to her like that," Harry said slowly, removing his hands from his face as a frown appeared on his face.

My mother's face reddened, her eyes widening, "Get out. I mean it, you have ten minutes to get out of this goddamn house before I call the police."

And with that, she was gone - her heels thundering down the stairs, and I could imagine her clearing her throat and flashing a counterfeit smile in order to gain approval of her associates.

"Where are you going?" I asked as Harry stood up from the bed, pulling his clothes on with little expression on his face.

"Home," he said simply, fastening his belt and reaching for his t-shirt.