0.7

'hearts in my eyes, strawberry skies, beat up corvettes smelling of cigarettes.'

( teenager in love - madison beer )

NOVEMBER.

"Ana Grace, will you hurry up?"

"Stop rushing me, will you?"

I ran my fingertips over the curve in the wood of the shelf, having been worn away at due to the heavy weights resting on them.

I picked up a book, lifting the cover and running my thumb over the first page, before putting it back with an exasperated sigh.

"Look, I'm getting 'Gatsby," Harry spoke from behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder, "and you can borrow it when I'm done, yeah? But since you're so adamant to get back to school for the afternoon, we need to get a move on." 

I groaned, tempted to drift back to Pride and Prejudice, despite finishing it months ago, but instead I followed Harry to the front desk, him placing his book onto the counter. Hugo muttered something to him I couldn't distinguish, Harry fiercely shaking his head in response before reaching into the back pocket to fish out some money to pay. I didn't make the mistake of offering him even a dollar this time - not since weeks ago when I'd tried, and he had labelled it as patronizing.

I bit my lip as he pushed a few crumpled dollar bills onto the table, followed by several quarters. Hugo eyed him before reluctantly taking the money, while Harry snatched up the book and headed straight for the door.

I waved Hugo goodbye quickly, rushing after Harry as he gripped his book tightly in his hands.

"Slow down, asshole, we have another twenty minutes before class starts," I called, causing Harry to slow down and turn back to me.

"Oh, you know me - I'm incredibly eager to get to Chemistry," he smirked playfully, and I chose not to question how his discomfort had suddenly been lifted.

I couldn't help but grin at him - the way he stood book in hand, wearing only a grey Henley with the first button undone and his black skinny jeans with a large tear in one knee, despite the cold winter air. His boots became more tattered day by day, his hair growing much longer - his bandana now nowhere to be seen as his hair became much more unruly.

"Quit staring, Ana Levin, we're going to be late," his smirk deepened, nodding his head back in the direction of school before he continued to walk. I caught up with him quickly; he had considerably differed from how he would speed down the street with his long strides - he waited up for me, now, knowing my legs were too short to keep up with his own.

We made our way back into school, the bell ringing to signal the end of lunch, as we headed straight to our class. 

"Your place after school? Mum said your parents aren't home and I don't have a housekey anyway," he murmured into my ear as we settled in our seats. I nodded, grabbing a pen out of my bag. 

Over the past couple of months, Harry and I had become nothing but closer - despite the odd spiff, I found myself so incredibly emerged into a relationship with Harry and I. Not only had my trust in him built further - I'd like to think his had built with me. He wouldn't open up much - though technically he already had - and he wouldn't tell me too much - a day hadn't gone by I didn't enjoy with Harry. He would meet me either before class started, or just in time for lunch, and then again after school most days he'd come back to my house, since Celia was there anyway.

My parents had yet to meet Harry, and I refused to dwell on that too much, since I knew they would be incredibly judgemental to whichever friend I plucked up the courage to bring home. I knew it was inevitable they'd see him; meet him, and make him uncomfortable. And I wasn't ready for that - I wasn't ready for them to make him leave, so for now - I was incredibly grateful they worked so much. Harry was somebody I wanted in my life, I couldn't even begin to explain how much I wanted him in my life.