3.3

'every single jigsaw piece seems to be incomplete.'

(GOLDEN - zayn)

-

A.

"Anastasia, for goodness sake - you're late for school," came the thick French accent of Edelie, the highly irritating woman who enjoyed to be on my case at all times of the day, "Hurry up."

I huffed, standing up from my bed to swing the door open, "I think you'll find I don't have to leave for another ten minutes, Edelie," I scowled at the obnoxiously tall woman who pursed her red lips and ran a smooth hand over her tight blonde bun.

"Excuse me, Ana-" she began to scoff, and I cut her off quickly.

"It's Miss Levin to you," I snarled, pushing past her towards the stairs. I wasn't sure I hated anybody more than I hated Edelie. She was rude, disapproving, and to be blunt - an absolute bitch. My mother had brought her in to 'replace' Celia - Celia being somebody I tried my best not to think about too much, but I was only reminded by my constant yearn to have her back - only encouraged by the shitty attitude of Edelie. I couldn't help but hate her - she was here to help me, yes - but I'd tried my best to be nice to her for the first month, until it became clear she was a total asshat, and was only in it for the money. She was narcissistic, unapproachable - and I just plain despised her. She was constantly repeating my own mother's words to me, prodding me about 'staying in line', and butting into things that didn't concern her.

I was finding that in a lot of people, recently - they all liked to butt into things that didn't concern them.

"Ana," Anders called from the kitchen as I reached the bottom of the stairs, "You still don't want me to drive you to school?"

"No thanks," I said bluntly, heading for the door as I heard a scoff from the corner of my room.

My mother sat, one leg crossed over the other and a coffee in her hand, "Just ignore her, Andrew - she's still being a brat."

It was now my turn to scoff, "A brat? Because I don't want anything from you?" It was true - I'd refused to accept a thing from my mother since her and my father had sent Harry away, and I tried to have as little to do with them as possible.

"I heard you were rude to Edelie again," she said pointedly, shooting me a glare as I wandered closer to the table where she sat.

"Nothing she didn't deserve," I retorted, folding my arms, "Can I go, now? I have a while to walk."

"Oh, please, Anastasia," my mother waved her arm dismissively, "when will you ever get over that pathetic little fling of yours? The boy is gone."

"And whose fault is that?" I felt my blood boil as she threw her head back in laughter, shooting me a disapproving look.

"Yours, I think you'll find. Get over it - it's been months. Now go to school," she sent me a patronising smile, as she waved her hand for me to leave.

I clenched my jaw, swinging my bag onto my shoulder, "I hate you so fucking much," I mumbled as I turned to walk out of the room, only to hear her return a 'ditto'. I shook my head, storming out of the house and onto the sidewalk.

Much to my mother's unawareness - Tasha was picking me up, which I was more than thankful for as she pulled up outside my house, turning the car radio down for a moment.

"Hey, babe!" she exclaimed, pushing her sunglasses back through her hair, "hurry up - I took the car and now Tiff is throwing a tantrum since Louis won't pick her up."

I laughed, unsurprised at her never-faltering obnoxious sister - I could picture the very tantrum she was throwing - frankly, I was surprised Louis even put up with it. I hadn't seen much of him in the past six months; he was still close with Sadie and Jake and the rest of their minions; but he was often preoccupied with his abhorrent 'girlfriend', Tiff.