Chapter 14

Unedited.

So many questions swirled around in that shrunken mind of yours, and they'll all remain unanswered unless Jin tells you.

He was just in the middle of telling you his life story when one of the boys called, making him leave. So far the only thing you've learned about him is that he was a prince at birth. A bit far fetched if you think about it but this is a supernatural being you're dealing with.

Ami left shortly after, needing some time to herself as did you.

So now here you were. Sat at the desk in the corner of your room on your laptop. Your tired eyes strained as they scanned over every word pertaining to the seven deadly sins in the darkness of your room. Everything seemed to be repetitive and lacking depth.

You were getting nowhere, you needed Jin since you had promised him not to tell the others of your newly found knowledge.

Maybe if you hadn't been so tired you would've felt the lingering presence behind you.

It wasn't long before your eyes shut completely. Jungkook moved in closer when he heard your breathing shallow and your heart slow to a steady pace.

His eyes danced over your laptop and scattered notes with each of the boys names and their traits. You had done your research, he thought.

Jungkook would've let the whole thing go and have you figure it out on your own if it hadn't been for the simple fact that you wrote down Jin was a prince. There was only one way you could've known that.

What was Jin playing at?

Rather than sitting back and finding out Jungkook chose to handle it himself.

Closing his eyes he placed his hands on the bare skin of your shoulders and reached into his subconscious.

"Jungkook! What are you doing here at this hour?" Taehyung called out, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Oh, uh nothing Master Taehyung." Jungkook said nervously, looking down as he did so.

"Master? Why are you calling me that all of a sudden?" Taehyung asked curiously, concerned for the younger boy.

Jungkook's eyebrows knit together as he recalled his conversation with the beautiful woman who appeared from time to time.

'You're just a slave here Jungkook.' She'd whisper into his ear. 'Take back what's been stolen from you.'

He'd object but in his heart he knew his life meant little to nothing here.

"You're my brother, well at least you're one to me." Taehyung places a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder and led him from the garden back into the palace.

"I have a brother." Jungkook muttered.

Taehyung glanced to the side, examining the youngers distraught features, refusing to be hurt by his comment.

"So do I but he's going to be crowned king and I'm not. Your brother's with a good family, I made sure of it Jungkook." Taehyung whispered in a reassuring tone but Jungkook still found a trace of sadness laced within his words.

🦋🦋🦋🦋

"Cheer up Jungkook. People may think we're conspiring against the King." Taehyung whispered over to a sullen looking Jungkook. Jungkook's found himself lost in his train of thought a lot lately. And the visits from the girl only worsened the matter.

Jungkook said nothing, just choosing to straighten up his posture and pay attention to the ceremony taking place. Royalty littered about every which way, gossiping and cheering as Taehyung's brother was being sworn to the thrown.

"The spoiled forgotten prince and his beloved thieving servant, we make quite the team don't we?" Taehyung voiced slyly looking at Jungkook, noticing the slight lift at the corners of his lips a sense of satisfaction filled his chest.

Taehyung was always quick to make Jungkook feel better even during the most devastating times of his life.

Taehyung couldn't bare the sight of his eldest brother getting everything he's dreamed of, but Jungkook was too focused on his own issues he hadn't given Taehyung a second thought.

Though it was true three years ago Jungkook was spared as a slave by Taehyung himself after being caught stealing priceless jewels from the palace but he couldn't help but hold resentment towards his family all the same.

After all this time why was he having a change of heart now?

He knew why. It was her. She was beautiful and spontaneous, a spitfire. Jungkook found himself caught in her silk like web.

Jungkook's eyes shot open before he was able to fully display his past. Uncontrollable tears rolled down the sides of his cheeks. He couldn't bring himself to do it.

It happened decades ago but it was the biggest mistake of his life. The invisible scarring that barred across his skin threaten to tear and bleed open. It was too painful to relive.

Choking back his sobs Jungkook wiped his face and picked you up from the chair you fell asleep on. Without looking you in the face he placed you in your bed and made sure you were covered up. He shouldn't have came here, you'd find out in due time anyway.

😭 no jokes this chapter guys

Also, we've got 2 Princes in this story. And no it's not a coincidence...

Don't worry next chapter will be longer❤️