Chapter 31

READ: okay so I don't want you guys to be confused, this chapter will be in Namjoon and Hoseok's POV DURING the time everything starts to go wrong just like Jin's and Ami's last chapter.

Namjoon's pov

"Joon, what's in your hand?" Jin asks while eyeing his brother.

Namjoon looks down, momentarily forgetting what he was doing. The former valedictorian was too focused on everything all at once. Prom had been a new concept to him and the idiotic eighties comedies, he'd forced himself to watch, barely taught him anything.

"It's alcohol." Namjoon says nonchalantly, not catching on to Jin's judgemental stare but he still feels the need to elaborate. "It's for the punch."

"What?" Jins utterly lost at Namjoon's words. Namjoon's IQ rarely ever dropped but it does happen on occasion and it catches Seokjin off guard every time.

Namjoon looks at Jin and rolls his eyes. "It's tradition. It happens in all of the movies." Duh.

"I don't care how many movies it's happened in you're not getting minors drunk-"

Namjoon scoffs at that. "Yeah and let some jock steal all of the glory?" Just as Joon finishes his sentence a loud voice calls to him from over the music.

Miss Park struts over with a girl in tow, but Joon payed her no mind. "Yes?" Namjoon makes sure to hide the flask in his jacket pocket because he remembers how bad it was to get caught in the films and he couldn't risk damaging his academic reputation.

"Do you have a date tonight?"

Namjoon pierces his lips. How stupid could he have been? He forgot a date. That's it, everyone will think he's a loser now. "No." Namjoon says quietly his pride dampening as he scrambles to find a solution in his hectic mind.

"Good! Suran here doesn't have one either and since you two are sharing the Valedictorian spot and seem to get along well, you two should be each other's date." Miss Parks expectant stare and terrifyingly wide smile had Namjoon nodding.

"Great! Have fun!" Miss Park claps the both of the both the back; pushing Namjoon closer to the red faced girl.

Without much thought given Namjoon places his hands on her waist while Suran is stiff, clearly taken aback. Namjoon is so so focused on perfecting his dance to a modern aged slow song, he doesn't really give much mind to the girl in his arms. It isn't until her foot accidentally collides with his for the fifth time does he look at her, ready to complain once again. But he doesn't. Namjoon freezes when he notices the soft look in Suran's eyes.

Why is she staring at him like that?

"Hmm I suppose if we dated we'd be the schools power couple, everyone would worship us." Namjoon says absently mindedly, his eyes began to glow a vibrant pink and pride swelled his chest. He'd be lying if he'd said he hadn't found Suran attractive. He may be blind to his feelings but his eyes worked perfectly fine.