Gods, Why Do Monsters Have to Be So Vengful?!

Annabeth's PoV (Plot Twist!)

     I woke up in a pretty dark room. I tried to sit up, but quickly realized I was chained to the floor. I then realized it wasn't the floor, it's the wall. I felt what I assumed was blood all over myself.

     When my eyes adjusted I looked around some. The room was really small, three feet by five feet at most. There were blood stains and a few unknown liquids on the floor. None of those really concerned me though.

     What concerned me was the man hanging limp from the wall. His raven-black hair was covering his face. His eyes were closed, but I knew they were sea-green. My Seaweed Brain. He was covered in blood, bruises, and cuts. His foot was hanging at an odd angle too.

     I felt tears coming to my eyes, when he groaned. "Wisegirl?"

     I felt myself relax a little, "Seaweed Brain, I'm here."

    "Annabeth where are you?" I heard panic in his voice.

     I tried to stay calm, "Percy I'm three feet in front of you. Just look up."

     "Annabeth please answer!" He was thrashing around now.

     "Percy I'm right here," I said still trying to stay calm.

     By now he was sobbing as he thrashed around, "Annabeth please?! Just tell me where you are!"

     "Percy what is wrong?!" I was freaking out a little now.

    Suddenly his head shot up and his eyes opened. He relaxed for a moment before looking around. He looked scared then, but then he saw me. "Annabeth?"

     "Yeah?" I tried being calm again.

     "Oh gods, no! Annabeth I need a favor..." I could hear a trace of fear in his voice.

     "What is it Seaweed Brain?" Oh gods...what was he going to do?!

     I could hear fear in his voice. "Tell the kids I love them."

     "What?!" I was actually surprised by that.

     "You're not the only one with plans," he chuckled which sounded painful, "I have a plan to get you out."

     "No."

     "No?"

     "As long as we're together. Remember?" It was taking everything in me not to cry at this point.

     "Annabeth don't use that against me." He somehow managed to sound angry in this state.

     "Percy I'm not leaving you!"

     "Annabeth stop it now." How the crap could he sound mad now?!

     "No," I could feel my temper rising some, "Percy I can't leave you. Going on that solo quest was the hardest thing I've ever done because I had to leave you."

     "Annabeth I said stop," he sounded close to bursting.

     "And I said no." I couldn't tell if I was going to yell at him or start crying soon.

     "Annabeth shut up! You're getting out of here...I'm sorry but I can't go with you, so stop making this harder than it has to be!" He yelled at me as the earth started shaking. I assumed it was him, but he's never been this mad at me. He's been this mad around me, but never at me.

     I figured out then that I was going to yell and then cry. "NO! Percy don't tell me to shut up!" I yelled. This is where the crying took over, "I'm not leaving you here. I swear it on the River Styx." I managed to say the last part with some confidence.

     "Annabeth! Why? Why do you have to make this hard on me? I'm just trying to protect you! I don't want to live in a world where I could save you or the kids but can't!" The earth started shaking a little harder.

    "I don't need you to protect me!" I shot back, "I need you not your protection. Percy I need you!" I could feel tears running down my face at this point, but I didn't care.

    Suddenly the ground stopped shaking. Percy didn't reply, but I saw him shaking. I then heard something I hadn't heard in a long time. He was crying.

     "Percy..." I started.

     He cut me off, "Just stop. Annabeth just leave me alone." I really was crying by this point. Here we were, trapped in some room, and we're fighting like when we were twelve.

     A few minutes later a big, as in buff and tall, man walked in. He laughed, "Finally the heroes are awake, and it looks like they had a fight! How wonderful is that?!"

     Percy looked up at him and practically growled, "What do you want?"

     The man laughed again, "To be known as the one who killed the notorious Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase."

     Percy continued to glare at him, "To bad we don't know an Annabeth Chase."

     The man looked confused, but then laughed, "Oh how could I forget, Mrs. Jackson?"

     "Shut up," I said. "Anyways, if you want us dead why would you bring us here and not just kill us?"

     The man laughed yet again. (Gods he needs to take a chill pill.) "Lots of people would like revenge on you two. I thought if make a few drachmas before I kill you."

     Percy's eyes went a little wide, "Leave her alone."

     "Awww is the hero still trying to protect his girl? How sweet," the man said with mock sympathy. "How about I give her a little gift?"

     "Leave her alone! Please just leave her alone!" Percy pleaded. (A/N: Alliteration! Yay!) "Besides she's not my girl. If anything I'm her's." That's my Seaweed Brain.

     The man simply smiled and turned to face me. I was expecting him to pull out some sort of weapon to attack me. What I wasn't expecting was a loud scream. I was confused until I felt the pain in my shoulder. I looked over and saw it was pinned to the wall by a knife. The scream was mine. I felt tears welling up in my eyes from the pain. I could guess it had gone through the bone. You didn't have to be a child of Athena to tell that.

     I looked up and saw Percy struggling against the chains. He was yelling at the man, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!! YOU (I'm not going to tell you what he said because it would be taken out anyways.) DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" Needless to say, his earlier earthquakes were nothing compared to what was going on now. I'm pretty sure he broke the rector scale.

    The man was obviously terrified, but managed to laugh again, "Just do what I tell you, and you won't see that again." Percy simply nodded.

   The man unchained me from the wall. As I fell I felt the knife tear through my arm. It took everything I had not to scream, and even then I ended up groaning. The man then took the knife and unchained Percy. Before the man could even leave Percy was holding me on the floor.

     I felt tears falling from his eyes onto me. "I'm so sorry, Annabeth."

     "What for Seaweed Brian? You didn't do anything." Stupid loyalty. He always blames himself.

    "That's why I'm sorry. I couldn't stop it. I couldn't help you. I didn't do anything." He ripped off the     bottom of his jeans and wrapped my shoulder with it. "I love you Wise Girl."

     "I love you too Seaweed Brain..." I slowly felt myself slipping into unconsciousness. I had one last thought before I did though. 'This is going to be a long death....'