Why Am I the Only Sane Person Here?

Disclaimer:

Me: You caught me, I'm actually Rick Riordan writing fanfictions about my own books. -_-

Leo:

Me:

Leo:

Me:

Both of us: WHALE!!!

All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who let's his fear overcome his sense of duty.

-George S. Patton

♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️

Jacob's PoV

That night I slept peacefully for the first time since I'd come to camp. I didn't have didn't have any nightmares, actually, I didn't have any dreams at all. I was worried about my brothers, but Sarah said she'd take care of them, I wasn't going to trust her. I had a good reason to be scared of her doing something.

~Flashback~

I had just gotten rid of my brothers when she burst in, "Hi Jacob."

"Hello Sarah," I replied. I then saw her horse, Courage, coming through the door. "Get out." I told him, closing the door on him.

I heard him whine, but in my head I heard, "Oh come on! You're such a donkey."

I didn't reply, but he didn't like being out there. He came in through the window.

I looked to Sarah, who was cracking up, for help, she said, "What? He doesn't like being alone." I continued to stare at her. After a few minutes she sighed, "Fine." She took the horse outside, but I heard them talking about me and laughing. Oh boy...

~End of flashback~

Anyways, we're going on our quest today. Don't tell Violet, but I was actually scared. I can't let her know because, even though she's older, I have to be the responsible older brother, I took that job when our parents were kidnapped. She also tease me if she knew I was scared.

Our plan for getting to Alaska was simple, we'd take a plane to a little airport in Vancoover, we'd then take a boat up to Alaska. We'd fly straight for Alaska, but we have some problems with that. Problem number one; Violet and I can't stand planes, the shorter the ride, the better. Problem two; It would cost too much money. Problem τρία: We don't know where in Alaska we're going, and need the time the boat ride will give us to figure it out.

I was ready to go, so I walked out with my bags. Ms. Dare had said she would watch Asher and Erik. Finn is old enough to be at camp on his own, and Erick will start training. Asher is too small to do anything, he is only four, but he's small for his age.

As I walked to the hill, someone said it was Half-Blood Hill, a large kid from the Ares cabin with brown hair and almost black eyes, Henry Dreast. He seemed to be in a bad mood, but I had a feeling I knew why.

He was dragging a smaller figure by the collar of a shirt towards me. Of course I knew that figure was Finn. I wasn't surprised, I was just wondering what he'd done this time. Finn has been known to get into lots of trouble before. He's come home from school in some really weird ways, the middle of the day in an angry teacher's car, being carried like a champion on the shoulders of the high school football team, surrounded by junior high cheerleaders, running from the middle school bullies, ju- well you get the idea, and those are just from when he was eight. He's gotten weirder rides home since then.

Anyways, Henry was practically to me, and I could see Finn was smiling from ear to ear. I saw Violet walk up behind them looking confused as I felt. What could Finn have done?

Henry looked at me and practically growled, "You need to keep your brother in line, Jackson. He's a pest!"

Violet was still behind him, but asked, "What did he do this time?"

"This time?" growled Henry, "it's not gonna happen again, or you all regret it."

Finn smiled bigger at this, "It's you'll all or you will all."

Henry scowled, "You little-"

Violet cut him off, "What did Finn do?"

Henry seemed to forget about Finn's corrections, "I don't know how he did it, but he dyed all of cabin ten pink! It ain't possible for a human to move that fast!" Finn started laughing and Violet smiled. Henry looked like he was going to kill Finn, "You think it's funny! I'll show you funny!"

He threw Finn to the ground, and was about to go for a punch. Of course I wasn't going to let him hurt my brother, I was about to go in to stop him when Henry yelled in annoyance.

Violet had jumped onto his back, and was currently riding him like a bull. I saw her say something to him before he threw her off of him and ran off. Before he was gone he turned and yelled, "This isn't over! I'll get back at you two Jacksons!"

Once he was out of sight Violet and Finn started cracking up. Amidst her laughs Violet managed to choke out, "How'd you do it? Turn it pink so fast I mean."

"Hermes cabin and paint bombs," Jacob laughed. "Oh and temporary invisibility potions."

"How'd they catch you then?" I asked Finn.

"I was painting a small section with a brush. It made it look like I'd done the entire thing in seconds," Finn said with pride in his voice. He then ran off, probably to get in more trouble, and I sighed.

Phos, Paige, James, and Parker walked up to us with their bags. This was it. We're going now.