Erectile Dysfunc- (3)

So far, today, I had gotten 'grounded' by Jenna for my 'bender,' had my weekly tea with Bonnie's Grams, and gotten a text from Elena that Stefan was coming over for dinner so that I could get over my problems with him. 

Unless he could suddenly be... not a vampire, I didn't see that happening.

After a long meal preparation where Bonnie explained more of her witchy powers (I really needed to pull her aside and tell her how real they truly were), dinner began.  I was sitting around the table with Bonnie, Elena, and Stefan in the most forced dinner conversation in the history of probably ever.

"It's like a double date, except for the whole everyone being friends thing," I said brightly, winking at Bonnie who laughed for the first time since Stefan showed up.

Silence fell.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena tries to fill the silence.

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right," Stefan responds.

"Bonnie, you should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and-"

"Yeah, I heard." she cuts Elena off.

I busted out laughing, "damn is this awkward."

"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" Elena speaks to Bonnie while shooting me a very obvious 'shut up' look.

"Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad."

"Can't get more detailed than that," I state in a mock-serious tone.

Elena shakes her head, "No, about the witches. Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool."

"Cool isn't the word I'd use," Bonnie mutters.

"Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s," Stefan tries his darn-dest to strike up conversation.

"My family came by way of Salem," Bonnie says, less standoffishly.

"Really? Salem witches?"

"Yeah."

"I would say that's pretty cool."

"Really? Why?"

"Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity."

I had to chime in at this point, "memorize many Wikipedia pages recently?"

They all just looked at me, so I spoke again, "Not that I don't agree.. tough crowd."

Bonnie rolled her eyes before looking at Stefan, although she was smiling at my antics, "Yeah, they are."

The doorbell rang, and I had a very bad feeling about it.

"I'll get it," I said quickly. 

I opened the door to find Damon and Caroline, who was now his newest toy/bloodbag, aparently. 

"Surprise! Bonnie said you were doing dinner, so we brought dessert." Caroline exclaims, like this would please me in any way, shape, or form.

"You know how I said it was my nightmare when you spoke to me in the hallway the other day? Right before I punched someone?"

She stared in response.

"I was wrong. This - this - is my nightmare." I said before walking in the other direction. 

Elena walked in at that moment so I stood beside her, while Caroline walked inside a couple steps. 

Damon, though, couldn't.  I sent him a smirk.