Take Your Psychopath to Work Day (19)

As I lead Bonnie to the spot of the witches' demise, my head pounds.

I needed blood.

Not to mention, explaining the specifics of the ritual and the dynamics of the original family was tiring to me.

They needed to know, though.

And I needed to gather my troops, figuratively and literally.

I was onto Phase 2, and I was going to see it happen with my own eyes.

When we were close enough that I could see well, I turned to the Bennett.

"This part is all you, Bon Bon," I smile.

She nods solemnly, eyes fixed on the spot in front of us.

She begins to walk forward, but falters.

She turns my way, "I'll do the spell with John, but only if it's what he wants."

"This type of magic doesn't work on unwilling sacrifices, there's no need to worry about that," I reassure her.

Nodding, she narrows her eyes slightly as she concentrates on the task at hand.

I watch the sky go dark, as thunder warns in the sky. The wind whips around Bonnie as she lets out a scream.

I can see the power flowing through and into her. Pain mixes with strength - one comes with the other.

Nature demands balance - a weakness for every strength.

Or in some cases, one gigantic weakness in exchange for a multitude of strengths.

I shake my thoughts, smiling as Bonnie opens her eyes.

One supercharged witch was officially checked off my to-do list.

~~~

"Adalyn. A pleasant surprise," Elijah acknowledged me as I walked into the apartment in which he was currently residing.

Well, residing is a loose term.

Elijah never truly resided anywhere.

"E," I smile, taking a seat, "do you ever get tired of being so.. polite?"

He smiles in response, as a drawling voice rings out, "don't forget about me! Well, this is cozy."

Damon plops on the couch beside me, and I roll my eyes.

Elijah looks at me in question.

I sigh, "Damon feels that if he follows me around all day, he won't be left out of the decision-making.  Even though I could have easily outran him or snapped his neck - not to mention the fact that his presence doesn't make me take his opinions any more seriously - I decided to let him come.  Just pretend it's take your psychopath to work day."

"I'm not a child" Damon scoffs, offended.

I look at him with a special kind of gleam in my eyes, "you run around making messes that I have to clean up, you're always mouthing off and then apologizing, and you're entirely incompetent without my help."

"I got a lot done when you left town, actually."

"An entire sorority doesn't count as things to get done."

"You're no fun today."

"And you are 50 shades of fucked up every day."

"50 shades sounds about right," he smirks.

"Color me disgusted."

Elijah loudly clears his throat, "I'm sorry, is there a reason this.. discussion.. is happening here?"