Esther: A Bit of a Slutty Slut (20)

"Is she..?"

"No, she's just temporarily.. awkward pause."

"It must have been Klaus. She's stronger than everyone else."

"Please. I could have snapped her neck."

I could practically hear Elena's eyeroll, "sure you could."

"It was Niklaus," I groan, slowly blinking awake, "what did I miss?"

"He must have been snapping your neck over and over again," Damon spoke up, "because it's been a day."

"What an ass. I'm going to kill him so hard," I stretched my sore neck, "is he still in Alaric?"

I couldn't help it. My words made me burst out laughing immediately, forgetting my train of thought.

"Real mature, Adie," Elena giggled.

Finally, I look around. I'm on the Salvatore's lawn.

"He left me in the yard? There are insects out here," I growl.

Evil deeds like this are the very reason I began my crusade against Niklaus.

"We don't know if he's still possessing Alaric - but pretend to be upset if you see him out killing puppies and whatever else he does in his spare time. He thinks Bonnie is dead."

"Thank God you didn't completely blow it while I was out," I sigh. Bonnie was our only weapon. This was good.

"Nope. He didn't blow it. After he tried to trade Bonnie's life to get you back," Elena glowered at Damon.

"Don't expect me to apologize for choosing Adie over witch bitch. I'll do the same thing next time, and the time after that, and I'll do it for either of you. I'm that selfish."

Aww, Damon was such a softie. Minus the whole serial killer thing. But hey, aren't we all?

"Aw, I love you too Damon," I laugh, making him roll his eyes.

"We don't let innocent people die, Damon. It's not who we are."

"It's not who you are, Elena," I finally insert, "you're also not a vampire. And your vampire boyfriend is basically as killer-y as it gets, so let's just relax on this one."

"Adie, we can't-"

"Elena," I snap, "enough. I'm feeling especially murderously hungry, and the self righteous talk is making me want to eat someone."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the lawn this morning," Damon felt the unfortunate need to keep speaking.

I shot up, "I bet if I left vervain in your throat long enough - let's say, a year or two - your vocal cords might not heal at all."

Just then, my phone rings.

I pick it up, shocked it still has battery after my day-long nap.

Hearing the panicked voice on the other end makes me smile.

Why? Because it's payback time.

When I'm done listening, I shut the phone off.

"Alaric is definitely still Niklaus. He's at Jenna's. And I'm going to go maim him - just a little."

"He's with Jenna?! We have to go!" Elena takes off toward her car.

"No, I have to go. You two are going to stay here and babysit each other."

Elena opens her mouth to argue, as I speed to her car and yank out something that looks important. Then, I snap Damon's neck in anticipation of him following me.