Tell Me if this Nips Your Heart, Would Ya? (7)

"So, you kidnapped my sister," I speak over the phone to a very impulsive Damon.

"Yeah, well, somehow my one lead on getting Katherine out of the tomb ended up dead with a stake through his heart yesterday.. shit happens," Damon responds tightly.

"Scandalous," I state innocently.

"Funny how you were the only one who knew where to find the guy," he pressed.

"Oh, come on Damon, you know I couldn't leave him alive," I mutter, "He was gonna end up killing Jenna, eventually."

"Details, details."

"Not to me, Damon," I respond softly.

"We'll take a shot for you."

"No need.  I'm stealing a bottle of bourbon from your house as we speak," I respond as I grab one, "Let anything happen to my sister and you're dead."

"Now now, no threats today.  I still haven't forgiven you."

"Yeah, well, something tells me you'll get over it."

"Mhm. Bye now."

I hang up the phone and turn my head to make eye contact with a worried Stefan, "She's my sister.  If I trust Damon to keep her safe, you can probably relax."

"Damon would kill anyone to get back at me for making him what he is," Stefan says.

"Oh buddy," I start, "Damon wouldn't kill my sister.  She looks like his one epic love.  And maybe if you stop seeing the worst in him all the time, he'll stop meeting your expectations."

I walk out of the house with Damon's bourbon and head to the Fell Church ruins.

I was planning on drinking myself into oblivion, basically.

I was slowly coming to realize that the person I was before my parents died - the person everyone kept telling me I was - was dead.

Because I had a bit of darkness inside me now. I accepted that. Honestly, I welcomed it. Without it, I probably wouldn't survive the life I was currently living.

However, I was pretty sure not everyone else was going to welcome it. The stress of it all made a bottle of bourbon alone in the woods sound like a really, really good idea.

I probably finished off a third of the bottle before Bonnie showed up.

I didn't know she was there, either. Probably for reasons related to the alcohol.

Finally, I hear Bonnie's voice ring out, "hello? Anybody here?"

I get up with the intention of heading towards her, and then I hear her fall with a scream.

"Bonnie!" I shout, taking off at a run. I didn't think my actions through before jumping down after her.

She's unconscious, and all I can do is try to shake her awake. When that doesn't work, I take her pulse to make sure it's strong - which it is.

I sigh as I calm down, wishing I had brought the alcohol with me down into the hole.

It's probably ten minutes before she wakes up.

"Bonnie! You're alright," I say quickly.

"Adie? Uh, what happened?"

"The ruins collapsed. You fell," and then I laugh, "ah man, you Fell. Get it? It's punny."

I laugh louder, causing her to sit up and frown.

"Are you drunk?"

"Only a third."