Somebody Toucha Ma Wolfet!//Love/Hate Aarin//

Aaron ran a tight ship on the Whitetail Mountains that stretched from his main wolves to his soldiers. Both were given a strict diet of rations and soaked in an understanding of his rules, until compliance was all they should have known. Aphmau might have called him a control freak, but Aaron much preferred to be known as the omnipresent wolf who got shit done.

Which is why he was pissed when he found the dog biscuits.

Aaron Lycan was not a wolf to play "what-is-in-your-fucking-mouth", but he won those wrestling matches with his wolves every time when he had to, both parties more bloody at the end than at the start. He stared at the half-eaten biscuit soggy and limp in the palm of his hand, and wondered who the fuck even dared.

That next day, the alpha walked with his pack. He kept near to the back, watching them walk their route. Near the western curve of the ridges, something made them pause, and it took several minutes for Aaron to hear the crunching of leaves beneath boots, announcing a guest in their forest. He readied his rifle as he slipped silently behind the cover of a thick tree, peering down the path through his scope. To say he wasnt surprised to see Ein would have been incorrect, but surprise wasnt the word for what he was feeling either. Dispassionately he watched them walk carefully through the trodden path, without an entourage despite being so deep into Aarons territory. It would be easy to end it now, with the pull of his trigger or the first few notes and the wail of Only You

They inhaled deeply, and Aaron thought at first he had been spotted. It was still a toss up. Trigger. Music box. His finger fumbled with the trigger

"Whosa bunch of good puppies?" The tone was an assault on his ear, all high and pitched for babies. On the path, unhidden, the small pack of wolves began to yip softly and slowly Aaron lowered his gun, watching as they scrambled over each other to surround Ein. Not to maim. To lick.

Their tail-less rears wagged comically as Eins gloved hands ruffled their matted fur and scratched their ears, dark tongues lolling out of their mouths. He had half a mind to shoot every god damn one of em, but he watched instead as the deputy fumbled around in their pack.

"Aha." They declared, and began to break up biscuits for the wolves to devour at their feet, bodies pressed eagerly to their legs and aching for touch. 2Scooby snacks. Zoinks, dont, like, tell your crazy dad."

They whined softly, and Ein stayed with them awhile, petting babying his fearsome pack, who ate it all up like they were puppies again. When they parted away, it was without blood shed, and Aaron found himself wondering if hed ever lost a wolf since Ein had slipped into his territory. He pushed the thought from his head with the final decision that it didnt matter, because theyd need to be reconditioned. He couldnt have them falling for any sap with a cookie. Aaron looked over his shoulder at the back of the deputy as they kept walked, completely at ease in his forest. His mountain. He glanced back to the wolves, who were fighting over a biscuit piece.

His wolves.

"Jinkies." He growled softly to himself, a hand coming up to rub at the rough stubble that decorated his neck. Shouldering his rifle, he whistled sharply for the pack and turned, heading back to his base of operations.

// Word count : 606 //