5- Death Eaters and Hot Chocolate

When Skyler is settled in a big chair, near the fire place, in the Leaky Cauldron. The Leaky Cauldron is a pub, but only for wizards. It's right in the middle of London! 

Skyler has ordered a hot chocolate with cream, so now, she's ready to hear her uncle's story. 

"Well? Why do you know so much of this world?" Skyler asks. 

Loki takes a deep breath. 

"At first, you need to know that for eleven years, there has been a war in this world. The Wizarding World. It's over now, for almost eleven years, but back then, it was a war between the good and the bad. On the head of the good side, you had the Order Of The Phoenix, with as their leader Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts' Headmaster and the only person Voldemort has ever feared. On the bad side there were the Death Eaters under lead of Lord Voldemort. Eventually, Lord Voldemort was defeated, I don't think he's dead, but he's defeated. Most of his Death Eaters are locked up. 

"And that all because of one little toddler: Harry Potter. No one knows how the child survived, but one night, at All Hallows Eve, Lord Voldemort visited the house of the Potters. He killed James and Lily Potter, Harry's parents... but somehow, he couldn't kill Harry. 

When the wizards found the poor child, the entire house was in ashes, only the child survived. Lord Voldemort was gone... some say he's dead - which he's obviously not, if you want my opinion - but others say, that he's waiting for the right moment to strike. - A much more logical theory, knowing Voldemort."

 Skyler's mouth is half open, and her eyes are concentrated on Loki's face. 

"That's awful, the poor kid. But I'm sorry, I have to admit, Loki, you're a great story teller!" She says cheerily. 

Frigga chuckles softly on that comment and Loki shows a small smile. 

"Well, then, let me tell you my story. But you have to promise me, don't think bad of me after it, okay? I truly regret my decisions from back then." Skyler nods, and takes a sip of her hot chocolate. 

"I promise." 

"Good," Loki says, before taking a deep breath once again.

"Many years, before Voldemort even took over the Wizarding World... there was another wizard that I supported, unknown to anyone back then. His name was Grindelwald, and I suspect that he gave Voldemort a lot of inspiration for his eventual deeds.

 "However, when Grindelwald was defeated, I lived up to the title that was given me, and betrayed my ally, returning to Asgard with a lame excuse, and nobody suspected that I had participated in a magical war on Midgard.

 "A few decades later, I heard of another dark force, taking over Midgard. I couldn't resist, and offered the leader of the Death Eaters my alliance. He took it, knowing that with me, he'd be invincible. I tried my best not to become a henchman of his, but Voldemort was manipulative, and when time would tell, he ensured that I'd be more of a loyal, immortal servant than an ally.

 "I killed, tortured and threatened for him. My title — the God of Mischief — is as feared as his name in the Wizarding World. After four years of service, I suddenly was appointed to kill another family... only this time, it wasn't just a Muggle family, or any special family. It was an extremely ordinary family, where by coincidence, my brother and his allies were there.

 "Apparently, I was send to kill your mother, Skyler. Your father asked me what the hell I was thinking and dragged me back to Asgard, where I eventually spilled everything under the watchful eyes of my father and my mother.

 "I apologized to the family and discovered that these Muggles housed the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. I saw a way to repay my debt to the Order and the Wizarding World. I'd become a spy for Dumbledore, to repay for my sins and in that way, I also wouldn't be executed or imprisoned on Asgard.

 "Dumbledore promised to defend me against the Ministry of Magic and even against Odin on Asgard. Because he somehow saw good in me during those dark times, and I deserved a second chance...So, I became a spy, I discovered a lot of dark secrets, I helped a lot of people in prison, and saved even more. After Voldemort perished, Dumbledore indeed helped me, he even accompanied me to Asgard, and spoke to Odin."

If Skyler's mouth was able to touch the floor, it definitely would. Her eyes are as wide as possible. When she discovers her expression, she shakes her head, having a serious look on her face now. 

"Loki of Asgard, that was very, very bad of you," she begins on a disappointed tone, "but I'm proud of you." 

Loki's eyes widen, and Frigga chuckles hearable. "Y-your what?" he stammers in disbelief.

Skyler nods, "Yes, just like Dumbledore said, you found the right way yourself. You started to do the good yourself. That's something you can be proud of," the little girl speaks wisely, "well, I finished my hot chocolate, and I know enough of the history of the Wizarding World, so? Can we continue shopping?" 

Frigga laughs, "Of course we can!"

_______________________

edited: 02-03-2019

I changed the story of Loki a bit. At first, it was like Snape's character arch, without Lily Potter, so I figured I should give Loki some more worth... considering that he's a God and that one breath for him is half a lifetime for mortals.