12- The Monster

Ever since Skyler became a suspect of being the Heir, Cedric, Fred and George didn't lost her out of their sight. Skyler only saw Cedric, for he could actually help her. He has experience and knows the truth. One day, Skyler walks into the Great Hall, her nose deep inside a book. 'All the myths of Slytherin, and how to find them' It's called. Draco and his gang are keeping distance from her, ever since Skyler's outburst, so she sits completely alone. "Hey, Skyler." Cedric says, leaning over the table. Skyler looks a bit startled at first, but recovers fast. "Hi, Cedric." The boy scratches the back of his head and Skyler blushes a little. "Well, I was thinking... Since it's Saturday, would you like to... hang out?" Cedric asks nervously, causing Skyler to giggle a little. "Seems fun to me. Meet me at the lake in an hour, alright? I need to figure something out before that time."  

∞∞∞

Skyler walks down the stairs, running towards the Entrance Hall. Something isn't right. The Hall is abandoned. No one is in there. It's way to silent. Of course, it's April, but the weather isn't that well. She takes out her wand, and tries to remember every spell and jinx she studied. '... I kill... I'll kill...' The terrifying voice is back, closer than ever. It's behind her. The Monster of Slytherin. Skyler realises, that she's been expected to be a Muggleborn. Just a Muggleborn. Let the demigod part just be. From everything Skyler knows about Salazar Slytherin, she makes up that he was a Parselmouth. But there's no snake big enough to kill. Only one. The Basilisk. Don't look in its eyes, that will kill you instantly. Skyler tells herself. But there's no escaping... only making sure that she doesn't face it directly. Skyler cases a mirror-charm in front of her, seeing the Basilisk coming closer. She studies its body carefully. Then, she looks in its eyes, and everything turns black...

∞∞∞

"I hope you're proud of me, dad."

∞∞∞

___________________

___________________

Yeah, I know, I'm cruel. -xx