22- Awake To See Roses

Finally... After something that felt like a century, Skyler is finally able to open her eyes. First, she sees nothing, for it's too dark. Then she realises: it is dark. It might be one o'clock in the night. Without making a sound, she slips out of the hospital bed. She needs to stretch her leg. Her wand is on the nightstand, next to her. "Lumos," She whispers, and looks around. Skyler sees, to her biggest surprise, her uncle and father sleeping on both sides of her bed. "Wingardium Leviosa," and both of Loki and Thor are placed in the hospital beds next hers, sleeping a little more comfortable. Then, she sneaks to the Slytherin Common Room. Saying the password, the stone gatekeeper recognises her. "Welcome back, Ms Foster. The new password is 'crimson silver'  I hope you'll have a nice Christmas." Christmas? How long did she sleep? Is it damn Christmas already? She looks to her left wrist, Kelly's gone. Loki must've taken care of her, these days. The Slytherin dormitory is completely empty. Everyone is at home. Who wouldn't want to go home with Christmas? Finding her own bed, Skyler puts on her nightgown, and falls in a delighted sleep. Not like the one she has been in for the past weeks. But a peaceful, and dreamless one.

The next morning, Skyler is up at dawn, as always. It's already eight o'clock! Of course! It's mid-winter. She puts on some comfortable clothes, and runs back to the infirmary. Before she opens the big doors of it, she knows the hell has already been released. "WHERE-THE-HELL-IS-SHE?!" Her father yells loudly. "I don't know..." Fred? What the hell is Fred doing here? He'd go home this Christmas. "We thought she'd at least let us know if she woke up." George? He should be at home too. "I-DON'T-CARE!" Thor again. He's a little pissed off. Just a little. "Thor, calm down. I agree that we need to find her, but calm down." Skyler hears Loki say, a calming voice, but filled with concern. Skyler giggles lightly, and steps into the room. "Oh, I'm fine, don't worry." She says softly. The Twins, her father and uncle, professor Snape and professor Dumbledore look in her way. "Well, considered that Ms Foster is fine, I think it's better for all of us to go to breakfast, isn't it?" Dumbledore gestures Snape and the twins to follow him. He smiles a genuine smile to Skyler and leaves the room. "Did you get in trouble for that bomb?" Skyler whispers to Fred when they leave the room. Fred laughs. "Almost expelled." Skyler grins. "I told you." She looks to her father and uncle. "I'm sorry for the shock." She whispers to them. "Sorry? Sky why would you apologise for something you couldn't help?" Thor says, walking to his daughter and hugs her. "I was so scared I'd lost you." He says. Skyler hugs her father tightly. "I know, dad. I missed you too."

______________

Ohh, how much I love a good end... Not the end of the book, of course. But it's just... I love how everything turns out to be fine. See you guys soon again. That test week can suck in it! I want to write this story, I'm addicted! I can't stop, so I just continue. I don't think you guys bother it. ;) Love y'all, thanks for reading! -XXX