28- The Funeral and Gawking At The Dead

It's night. It's late in the night, when Skyler enters the Common Room of Slytherin. It's completely silent, so she just goes to bed. All the other girls are asleep and the curtains of her poster-bed are closed. Like they wanted to forget about her... Skyler still hates the Slytherins girls. They're way too cruel. Skyler slips behind the curtains. As soon as her head touches her pillow, she is asleep.

∞∞∞

When she wakes up, Skyler knows she's late. Damn, she's way too late. All the other girls are gone and all their beds are cleaned already. Maybe she's not that late... She dresses up and walks to the Common Room. No one. Shit, it must be Monday. Skyler decides that it has no use to haste, so she takes a copy of the Daily Prophet and heads to the Great Hall for 'breakfast'. She stops her tracks when she sees the headline.

HORROR IN NEW YORK: GOD OF MISCHIEF KILLS THOUSANDS OF MUGGLES

L O K I, God Of Mischief and former Death Eater, has released an army on the city of New York. He has been stopped by a new team of superheroes in the Muggle World: THE AVENGERS. Coincidently, one of THE AVENGERS seems to be a witch, or at least a magician. "She was just a little girl. She took down one of those giant creatures and then disappeared. Most likely she died, I mean, when such a huge creature falls on you... you're most likely death. I saw it happen myself. Such a waste, she could've been a great witch one day." Says one of our eye witnesses. The name of the young witch isn't known yet, but all our thoughts are with her family and friends.

 The name of the young witch isn't known yet, but all our thoughts are with her family and friends

 <Read more on page 12>

"Oh Merlin." Skyler groans, before running off to the Great Hall. When she arrives there, the doors are closed and there hangs a sad tension. She can hear the sad music from behind the doors. 'Oh crap.' Skyler thinks, before softly opening the door.

"Today, we say goodbye to one of our students. Skyler Foster was a girl who suffered, but she always was a little trickster. She gave her life for our freedom and we'll always be grateful for that sacrifice." Dumbledore speeches to the entire school, leading her funeral. After a few more words, he dismisses the school. Skyler teleports to the teacher's room, a little smirk on her face.

"It's such a loss, killed by her own family's doing..." She hears McGonagall sob as she comes in with Lupin.

"Who's killed by her own family?" Skyler asks curiously from her chair at the table. McGonagall and Lupin jump up, their eyes wide of disbelief.

"Ms. Foster! B-but... the Prophet-" Lupin starts.

"Has made mistakes before." Skyler finishes him. McGonagall opens her mouth but closes it right after.

"Maybe it's better if you head to your Common Room, Skyler, professor Snape is continuing your funeral and goodbye-sayings there." Dumbledore tells her from behind the two shaken professors. Skyler nods.

"Okay, sir. Do I need to bring any rapport to you on Loki? There are some things that aren't what they seem." Dumbledore nods and Skyler races to the Slytherin Common Room.

∞∞∞

"... and that's how we'll remember one of our most remarkable students and friend... Skyler Foster." Snape finishes, his tone sad and depressing. Skyler starts to clap her hands, causing all of the Slytherins to look around at her.

"Well, that was a speech I'll remember. Remarkable, eh?" Skyler says, teasing a little. That's the part when Snape's mouth goes agape. Blaise runs towards her, hugging her tight. His eyes are red and his cheeks wet.

"Cried a little?" Skyler jokes as she looks at her friend. Blaise shakes his head before connecting his lips with hers.

_________

And..... we're back at Hogwarts again. What do you think of Blyler? Or isn't that a good name? ;)) -x