21- Once, When He Wasn't A Murderer

"Skyler! Skyler, wake - up!" Steve Rogers exclaims, as he shakes the 13-year-old awake. 

"S-Steve, what's going on? I'm sleeping." She groans, yawning. 

"We're under attack. Loki had planned this all the time. You need to help Cassidy!" He rushes, before leaving the room. Those words didn't had to be said twice. Skyler smirks when an idea pops up in her head.

"Oh, dear uncle, you're going to get some." She whispers to her reflection in the mirror, whilst she changes her hair to a dark brown colour, her eyes turning deep blue, almost black. She nods, satisfied, before racing down to the cellars.

∞∞∞

"NO!" She hears her father shout, when she kicks the door open. Phil Coulson, the man who used to wake her up at nightmares, lies on the ground. Dying.

"Phil!" Skyler shouts, tears welling up in her eyes.d

"D-don't... kill... him... Agent... think about... Foster..." He chokes out, as his head slowly points towards Loki, who stands there, manically. The God laughs, cruel and heartless. His sceptre is draped in blood. Phil's blood. 

"Did you care about him, child?" He mocks at her, smirking. However, Loki doesn't has Skyler's attention, for she searches the room for Cassidy. The daughter of Tony Stark happens to be unconscious. She moves a little, showing her breathing. Skyler exhales, knowing that she's as fine as she can be, with her circumstances. 

"Answer me, foolish mortal. Or else, don't waste my time." Loki spats impatiently, already approaching her, in purpose to slice her throat.

"Don't you dare to call me a mortal, dull snake!" Skyler snaps back, noticing that her own father is trapped inside the cage that was meant for Loki. Talking about the guy, Loki walks back to a control panel. With one look at Thor, he seems to hesitate. His blue eyes seem to show compassion for one, small moment. But that moment is over fast. Loki pushes a button, and Thor's cage drops. It drops down to the sea. To his death.

"NO!" Skyler shouts, her knees going weak, causing her to fall on the ground.

"You'll pay for that. You'll lose." She grits from between her teeth. Loki chuckles, smugly.

"Am I?" 

"It's in your nature. It always has been." Skyler says, a little smile creeping up her face.

"Your heroes are scattered, your Flying Fortress is falling to its death. Where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction." She simply states, her gaze meeting Loki's. One of his eyebrows is raised, his face looking confused.

"I don't think I-" Before he can finish his sentence, Loki is blown into a wall. Skyler looks at the place where the shot came from.

"So that's what it does." Phil Coulson says, when he closes his eyes for good.