17- The Daughter and The Friend

"Jeez, she's a great actress! I mean, the look completely helps. It's almost real!" Tony Stark comments as the entire group watches how Skyler breaks through Loki's thick walls. Natasha shakes her head, a sad smile playing on her lips.

"She isn't acting, Stark." She growls. The red haired agent knows that she has a soft spot for the girl. Thor stiffens, taking a good look at his daughter. Pain stabs through is heart as he realises what he did to her.

"Poor girl." Cassidy says, compassionately. They all look how Fury steps in, playing along. How the little girl runs into his arms, still crying crocodile tears. They leave Loki behind in his cell.

"Well, at least she does have effect on him." Bruce Banner states, knowing that the entire group can agree on that. The room falls silent, no one really knowing what to say. 

"Well, how touching was it?" A sarcastic voice says from the doorstep. Skyler looks normal again, her eyes shining of mischief. Most of the group members look at her with compassion. She just rolls her eyes, happy that she accomplished something.

"That well, eh? Nice. At least I don't have to worry about my lie and acting skills." She jokes, taking a seat.

"Did you really look like that?" Steve Rogers asks softly. Skyler nods.

"Well, yeah, for a couple of months. But after all, the only time I heard something from Asgard, I was told that my uncle, best friend and tutor, died. So, why be surprised? I could've been dead, so just be happy that I'm here." The last few sentences are meant for Thor. Skyler gives him a cold glare, not even bothering to look at him longer. Her face focusses on Cassidy. 

"And who are you?" She asks suspiciously.  She walks towards the girl, that seems to be at the same age as her, they shake hands.

"Anthony Cassidy Stark, pleasure to meet you." She introduces herself. Skyler looks at Tony, raising an eyebrow.

"Really, Stark? Giving your own daughter your name? Cruel." She says with a wink. She nods to Cassidy and walks to one of the computers of the lab. 

"Anyway, I found out about something." She starts, earning all the attention. 

"What, Skyler? What did you found?" Thor wants to know.

"Well, first of all, didn't you notice that Loki's eyes are freakin' blue?! Ice blue eyes. Almost as blue as the people who are controlled by the sceptre." Skyler says, while she looks at every person in the room.

"I'm 99% sure that Loki is controlled by the sceptre, or, by its owner. That's the reason why he didn't came back immediately. I mean, if he wanted to take over the Earth, he'd already have done that. Why now? Why after almost one and a half year?" She explains. Everyone is silent, so Skyler continues.

"More important, if he didn't want to conquer Earth, why didn't we hear anything from him? The answers: Loki is a sorcerer, his mind is protected and it needs something very strong to get inside. - I suppose he was captured, tortured and eventually, controlled. If he was captured, that would explain why he didn't contact any of us and it would explain why his eyes are blue." Nothing, no comments. Except...

"I knew it! I think it's time for an 'I told you so'!" Cassidy exclaims, looking at Thor, Steve and Tony. 

"Okay, I'm really missing something out. Anyways, it was very nice to meet all of you, today. But considering that it's almost 10 o'clock in the evening in Britain, I'm going to bed." Just as Skyler wants to leave the room, she hears a little 'PLOP', causing her to turn around.

"I figured you might be needing some help, Sky." A familiar, comforting voice says.

_________

*smug grin*