11- The Fear and The Fool

Skyler can't breathe. She's much to focussed on what's in front of her. A floating abyss. It speaks. It speaks with a creaking voice. Skyler isn't able to move. She's frozen.

"Your world will fall..." It speaks, "The Nine Realms will fall... Odin is defeated, Thor is dead... Asgard has been destroyed... We're coming... Ragnarok is coming..."

"Really? She's scared of a myth?" Skyler hears someone whisper, behind her. Words as 'coward' and 'idiot' go through the class. 

Skyler somehow finds her voice again. She raises her wand. "Ridikulus!" She exclaims. The abyss turns into confetti. No one laughs, but Skyler knows that some are staring to her. She just walks to Lupin. 

"Can I leave, please?" She asks softly, but her tone is urgent. Lupin just nods, and makes sure the class resumes. Skyler walks out of the classroom and heads to the Common Room. She needs to get her mind rid of this. 'Why did that have to  do something with Ragnarok?' She thinks. 'Why did it have to be that greatest fear? It could've chosen another. Just... not this one...'  Skyler just stares at the green flame in the palm of her hand. She's just numb. 

"Skyler, are you okay?" Someone suddenly asks from behind her. Skyler turns around, shocked.

"Draco, Blaise? What are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be in class?" She asks, a little worried. Blaise shakes his head, so does Draco.

"Lupin dismissed the class after Saint Potter got a Dementor as his fear. Lupin jumped in front of him and he dismissed the class." Draco shrugs, when he sits down next to her. "But you didn't answer Blaise's question, are you okay?" Skyler would almost swear that she sees a faint sign of caring in his silver orbs.

"I'm fine." She says shortly.

"You don't look fine." Blaise insists.

"Then stop looking." Skyler finishes the conversation, for she stands up and leaves the Common Room. She walks through the halls, wandering around a bit. She just wants to walk to the Great Hall, hoping to find someone she'd talk to, when a voice stops her.

"Ms. Foster. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Lupin asks, gesturing to his office. Skyler nods. 

"Of course, professor." She says, while she walks with him.

___________

Vote and comment if you liked it.  -x