11- Talking Hat

When they enter the Great Hall, as it seems to be named, Skyler looks at the ceiling. It's wonderful. It's bewitched, so it'll look like there's no ceiling at all. 

"It's bewitched by a powerful spell, you know. It'll copy the weather from outside, I've read that in Hogwarts: A History..." Skyler hears Hermione say to the girl who walks next to her in line. 

Skyler rolled her eyes, already feeling pity for the poor girl who needs to endure all this information. A little further in the line, Ron walks next to Harry.

 "Why are you being so grumpy?" The Boy Who Lived asks his friend, who gives him a frustrated look. 

"The stupid little brat. She knew your name right the moment she saw you, didn't she?" Harry sighs. 

"Stop it Ron, she didn't. As she didn't lied about the orphanage. She just didn't told us she was learning from, you know..." he tries, defending Skyler. She'd been the first one to be nice to him. Except for Hagrid of course. 

"She made us think she was nice! No wonder she speaks of You-Know-Who without fear. She's a killing machine! Do you know how much people the God of Mischief killed?" Ron scoffs, Harry shakes his head. 

"No, was he really that bad?"

 Ron nods. "He killed 77 wizards, and 89 Muggles. He tortured many people in Asgardian ways. He tortured my grandfather, for him." Ron tries to go on, but the line of first years stops walking. 

Skyler doesn't hear what Ron says about the counts of people Loki'd killed, but she still has that one sentence, repeating in her head. 'He tortured my grandfather for him...' 

Well, at least, she knows the reason Professor why McGonagall reacted so cold toward Loki on her birthday. 

"When I call your name, come forward to be sorted in your houses," McGonagall shouts from a platform, on which was a stool with an old, brown hat on it. 

"Abbott, Hannah!" The Professor started. A pink-faced girl with two ponytails comes forward. McGonagall places the hat on her head. A small moment of silence.

 Out of nowhere the hat started to scream. "HUFFLEPUFF!" The girl walks to one of the four tables in the Hall, that on was clearly Hufflepuff's. All the Hufflepuffs cheer to her, proud to have her. 

"Bones, Susan!" McGonagall calls again. She goes to Hufflepuff too. 

"Boot, Terry!" He goes to Ravenclaw. 

"Brocklehurst, Mandy!" Goes to Ravenclaw too. 

"Bulstrode, Millicent!" The first one to be sorted in Slytherin. From what everything she hears from that house, Skyler knows that once in that house, you'll not be appreciated by other houses. 

"Finch-Fletchey, Justin!" This one takes long. It takes the hat five minutes to decide that Justin is a Hufflepuff. "Foster, Skyler!"  Skyler walks to the platform, and sits down on the stool. When the hat touches her hair, Skyler hears a voice in her head. 

'Uhm, this one is difficult. Very difficult. Bravery, yes... Wiseness is there too. But loyalty and kindness aren't really your biggest point... Slyness... an urge to prove yourself. And a very special kind of witch. I know exactly were to put you...' The hat says in her head, before screaming her house:

"SLYTHERIN!"