9- The Voice No One Hears

The week at Hogwarts has passed, and Skyler's spot had been the library. She'd spoken to no one. Teachers didn't ask her questions, and sometimes, she suddenly left classes. Draco is frustrated. Frustrated that he doesn't know what's going on. Frustrated that the teachers seem to do. He'd asked Snape, but he said: "Ask Ms. Foster herself. If she feels like telling you, she will." That frustrated Draco even more. "Malfoy, what's going on with you? You're destroying your quill." Crabbe comments. Draco snaps back to reality, and looks to the quill in his hand. He closes his books and puts them away. "I'm going to the library. I need answers." He states, before leaving the Common Room.

∞∞∞

Skyler's hand go over the books. She loves the feeling. Every time she does it, she closes her eyes. It makes her feel at home, something she really misses these days. She takes out a fairytale book, wizardry fairytales. She cuddles away in a corner, and starts reading. Beetle the Bard is a great writer. She enjoys the stories. She enjoys something. That's new. She hadn't done that for over two months. Well, first time for everything. Maybe this book would help her to feel a little better. She continues reading. She reads, reads and reads, until... "Skyler?" Draco asks, standing in front of her. She looks up, her eyes distant and cold. "Yes?" She asks back, her voice the same as her eyes. Draco shivers. "Can- can I talk to you? I'm worried about you... you're so depressed." Skyler narrows her cold eyes. "Yes, Draco, that's exactly what I am. Now, leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you, or anyone else! No one will understand. No one does." After saying that, Skyler runs out of the library, taking the storybook with her. "No, Sky, wait!" Skyler holds her pace, not because of Draco, no, because of another voice. 'Come... come to me... let me rip you... let me tear you... let me.... kill you...' Skyler's eyes widen at those last words. "Did you hear that?" She asks a painting Draco beside her. "Hear what?" He gasps between his breath. "That voice... it threatened me..." Skyler whispers. "Eh, Skyler, I think you're starting to get mental. There was no voice." Draco tells her. Skyler shrugs. "Alright, must've been my...-" It's there again, the voice. '... rip... tear... kill...' Skyler runs to where it comes from, following it. '... soo hungry... for so long...' "Skyler, what in the name of Merlin are you doing?" Draco asks, still seem to be following her. "It's that voice again, so please, Draco, shut up!" She listens again. '... kill... kill... time to kill...' Skyler runs again, following the voice. She runs up the stairs, passing the Entrance Hall and the Great Hall. 'I smell blood... I SMELL BLOOD!' Then, the voice stops. And so does Skyler. "It's gone." She mumbles. "Skyler, I'll ask this one more time, what is gone?" Draco asks her, clearly worrying. "I thought I heard a voice. It said it was going to rip, tear and kill someone. The last thing it said was: I smell blood." She sits down on the stairs. "I just don't want anyone else to die..." She whispers, starting to cry. Draco takes place next to her. "Why are you like this, Skyler? You were supposed to be the loving, cheery Slytherin. The one loved by every house. Now, you're...-" Rumour upstairs, makes Draco stop. "I'LL KILL YA, I'LL KILL YA!" They hear Filch yell. The two Slytherins look at each other, and nod. Together, they run upstairs. They see how Filch hold Harry by his collar. Skyler gasps when she sees what is written on the wall.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

It's written in... blood. Filch's cat, lays on the ground, looking dead. Skyler runs over to the cat, and feels a heartbeat. "Mr. Filch, calm down please." She says gently.  "Mrs. Norris is just paralysed. She isn't dead." The corridor runs full of people. Draco smirks to the text on the wall. "Enemies of the Heir, beware. You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Skyler gives him a hateful look, and walks away. Back to her dormitory.