14- The Awaking

"Is she waking up?" Skyler hears someone say. "Have patience. She'll wake up soon. Just give her time." A woman tells him. No again... Skyler thinks, hearing herself groan a little. "Skyler?" Someone asks worried. She wants to answer, but is taken away in the darkness once again. 

∞∞∞

Darkness, that's all she sees when she opens her eyes. Great, why do I always have to wake up in darkness? She thinks. She takes a look around. There are a few other people in the hospital beds. Muggleborns. They were all paralysed, just like her. Next to her bed, Cedric is sleeping in a chair. A stab of pain goes through Skyler, as she remembers how Loki and her father did that last year. Maybe this time, it'd be nice of her to wake the ones waiting for her. She takes Cedric's hand, and squeezes it a little. The boy wakes up, still sleepy. "W-what?" He stammers, whilst blinking. "Hi." Skyler whispers with a small smile. "You're awake!" Cedric exclaims, a little to loud for in the middle of the night. "Yes, and why are you-" Skyler wants to ask him why he's still here, but she can't. Cedric's lips are pressed against hers. He lets go, and Skyler is frozen. A little blush is on her cheeks. "That's why." He whispers, ashamed. Skyler blinks, amazed. "Look, if you don't want to have m-" This time, Skyler cut him off with a kiss. Cedric recovers fast and kisses her back. When they break apart, Skyler goes back to her bed and Cedric heads back to his chair. "Oh, no. You're sleeping here too!" Skyler demands, patting on her bed. Cedric smiles and lays down. He wraps his arms around Skyler protectively. 

∞∞∞

Skyler wakes up and sees that Cedric's already gone. Maybe it was just a dream, she thinks. She stands up, and walks out of the infirmary. "Ms Foster!" Madame Pomfrey yells from behind her. Skyler laughs softly, and turns around. "Old habits, die hard." She jokes. Madame Pomfrey sighs. "It seems so. Off you go." She smiles to Skyler, before leaving. Skyler feels reborn after the long, paralysed sleep. Maybe... She grins devilishly to herself. Time for a little joke. She walks to the Gryffindor Common Room, and creates two, not fading, dust bombs, "Fred Weasley." She whispers to one. "George Weasley." She whispers to the other. The bombs disappear into the air and she leaves. She walks to breakfast, when two hands cover her eyes. "Guess." A playful voice tells her in her ear. Skyler turns around and looks in the eyes of the one and only Cedric Diggory. "Well, good morning, Ced." She says with a smile. The fourth year Hufflepuff blushes a little and interwinds his fingers with hers. "Come on, I want the whole school to know you're my girlfriend." He grins. "Well, I just want my food. I haven't eaten for a long time, and I really need to fill my appetite." Skyler jokes. "Oh, and we need to look out for two certain twins. I played a small 'guess who's back?' joke on them." Skyler grins mischievously. "I like this mischievous trickster, is she coming back often?" Cedric jokes. She answers after a kiss. "Sure."