-Backstabber-

Vernon scurried down the hallway holding Minghao by the wrists as they made their way outside.

For the past week Vernon hadn't been sleeping, eating or even drinking properly, and he looked almost close to a dead person. He had dark sinking eyes, quivering chapped lips and his hair was oily and messy. 

When they reached the garden, Vernon let out a huge distressed sigh.

"Vernon what is it," Minghao asked crossing his arms.

"You need to get Seungkwan," Vernon said leaning in, making the elder roll his eyes.

"You already know we can't do that," Minghao explained, "It's too early, only three more weeks."

"No, that is too long," Vernon said, grabbing the boy by the shoulder, "I need him safe and back now!"

"Whoa calm down," Minghao pushed Vernons hands off him, "We don't have the strength for that, we'd die right away, we are still coming up with a full proof plan."

"Well at least tell me where he is," Vernon begged him, "Junhui wont tell me."

Minghao looked up for a moment to think, then just decided to just tell Vernon, "He's in a torture chamber far out into the woods, outside the kingdom."

"Oh, but don't worry, normally in torture chambers they'll keep their patients alive, he won't die," Minghao said giving Vernon a smirk that seemed almost sinister.

"How is that any better," Vernon stepped back from Minghao giving him a questionable look.

"I didn't say it was better," Minghao snapped, "But it's all we can depend on now, do you honestly think I can live knowing my highness is being tortured everyday at any possible moment?"

"I'm not sure, you Asmos tend to be pretty fucked up," Vernon sighed, "But anyways, we need to get him, don't you have an army back in your realm?"

Minghao looked at Vernon as if he was joking, and when the younger didn't burst out in laughter, the elder did instead, "Funny Vernon."

"What?"

"If my people found out about this, one, they would kill both me and Junhui for letting it happen, and then two they would obliterate everyone in your kingdom, including you," Minghao said wiping some sweet tears of laughter from his eyes as he tilted his head, "is that what you want?"

"No but.." Vernon blinked, stars coming into focus then spacing out into static.

The boy fell back a bit, but caught himself, "I-I don't care... if you two don't save him I will!"

"and how will you do that?" Minghao asked placing his hand on his hip.

"I mean, I am the prince of the kingdom, they can't refuse me," Vernon said, pushing his hand to his head,"They will have no choice."

Minghao sighed, "and if the king told them not to listen to you?"

"T-then I'll ask my friends to help me," Vernon with a nod, "T-they'll help me..."

"Hey," Minghao put his hand up to the youngers face, "Stop acting like an idiot and think."

"Think?" Vernon pushed his hands through his hair looking up, "I am thinking, thinking about Seungkwan, I don't care about anything but that, I need to have Seungkwan by my side!"

"Oh really, you don't care about anyone," Minghao tilted his head, an amused smirk forming on his face, "So does that mean you don't care about your father?"

Hearing the mention of his father made his lip twitch, "What?"

"I mean look at it this way," Minghao said walking around Vernon, "The king rules over all, and if he has a son it's a prince but the princes power isnt as empowering as the kings, so what happens when the king dies?"