14- Meeting the Snake

The next morning, Skyler wakes up at dawn. Silently, she takes Kelly, her book, her notebook and a pen. When she collected all of her stuff in her backpack, she takes out a dark green T-shirt, a dark blue skinny jeans, and a pare of black, leather boots. Her leather jacket on, done. Her long, ash blond hair is lose, and curls a little on the ends. Skyler sneaks out of the girls dormitories, and leaves the Slytherin's common room. She heads for the Great Hall, considering that that's the only place she knows in the castle. "Why are we up so early, Ms...?" A dry, cold voice says to her, and Skyler spins around, looking in the eyes of Professor Snape. "Foster, sir. And I woke up, and no one else was up, yet. So I thought: wouldn't it be nice if I searched a nice place to read my books, instead of getting disturbed by everyone? So that's what I'm doing, professor." Skyler adds the last word quickly. "I see. Well, Ms Foster did you enjoyed the first night in the Slytherin House?" He asks, surprised to the confidence of this child. Skyler nods in response. "Yes, it's very nice. Green is a comfortable colour, though. And I'm very glad I've Kelly." The last thing was supposed  spoken in her head! Snape immediately raises an eyebrow. "Who's Kelly? We don't have a girl in the first year of Slytherin named Kelly." Skyler's cheeks burn red of guilt. "Kelly is my... snake, sir." She whispers. "Your snake? Please, Ms Foster, explain to me how you got a snake into Hogwarts." Skyler looks to her feet, before pulling her left sleeve  up. Kelly opens her golden eyes, and stares to Snape. "And who might thissss be, darling?" The snake swishes. "Kelly, meet Professor Snape, Head of the Slytherin House," Skyler turns to, a now even more pale, Snape, "Professor, meet Kelly." The professor swallows, getting Kelly to chuckle. "I already like him." She says. Skyler looks up at Snape, a grins. "She says she likes you, professor." Snape's eyes widen. "Good to know. Now, Ms Foster, enjoy your first day at Hogwarts." The professor walks away, fast and nervously.  "I don't think I should be talking to snakes, Kel." Skyler whispers, shocked. Kelly chuckles again, and goes back to sleep.