Silent Night

(Thanks for the support everyone) 

Three days have passed pretty quickly for the rebellion and their new found allies. Rex, Kalani , Sato and with some input from the Jedi had been busy with laying out defenses hoping they have the time to fully construct trenches , set up artillery batteries and lay mines. But on the latest mission Ezra  just got home from his required mission to get a data chip of Thrawn's military record and eliminate Atollon off imperial charts.  Thanks to fulcrum (you guys should know who it is if you watched SWR) Ezra was able to follow most of the imperial protocol and get the job done. For Atollon it would be a long night that had plenty of awakens. 

A Mandalorn transport jumped out of hyperspace above atollon , the pilot had a mission to have a apprentice before he hunts the one who ruined his life. As the ship  flew down towards chopper base as it weaved  gracefully to avoid the night patrols of rebel A-Wings and vulture droids that were outfitted with Ezra's new version of buzz droid that he used to wreck imperial craft and personal alike.

The transport  maneuvered to the far end of the landing pads of the rebels base. As the Mandalorion ships wings moved into landing position the ramp began to lower. Once it touched down a figure all to familiar to the ghost crew very calmly walked down the ramp and made his way to where he could set up to achieve his mission.  

Meanwhile on the ghost a young man in his bunk was talking to his girlfriend by holopad. "So you like that gold and pink blade more than the dark saber Sabine." Ezra said jokingly, "Ez I know you're being a loving smart ass and thanks for cheering me up, we've been busy mobilizing forces here  but Tristan is letting you keep Is imperial commando helmet and he said he ain't shipping it to you , you have to come and get it." Sabine said in a playful but loving tone. That's when Ezra sensed a all to familiar  presence and Ezra's face transformed from happiness to concern. Sabine saw this and she knew something was wrong, then Ezra said "maul has returned... Sabine i got to finish what was started on malachor, I love you and I will be okay." , "I love you too Ezra." Sabine answered back followed by Ezra ending the transmission and setting the holopad by his pillow. Ezra then sat up and jumped off his bunk and landed on his feet and he used the force to retrieve his lightsaber as he walked out his cabin door.  

Meanwhile on Krowsnest Ursa was walking through her house as the sunrise slowly came up. As Ursa walked into the kitchen she found her daughter looking depressed. "Hey Sabine what's wrong?" She asked her daughter, "I miss him but the worst part is maul has returned for Ezra." Her daughter replied sadly, "The Maul that tore apart Mandalore!" Ursa replying in shock, "yes mother the second family I have encountered him and Ezra saved my life from the souls from some crazy witches." Sabine said smiling a little bit remembering when he told her not to go back in there. "Seems Bridger is more badass than I thought... no wonder Ezra mopped up Tristan." Ursa said actually jokingly for the first time in years, that's when Sabine said, "Ezra has wiped out whole squads of stormtroopers with only his bare hands and he lead a brutal attack on the Empire Day parade on Lothal  and that's when he taught me a lot more than our own training." , "Well Let's get breakfast now we have a long week ahead." Ursa answered with seeing a smile from Sabine bringing up old memories. 

Back on Atollon Ezra walked through the base nearing the A-Wings staging area. As Ezra neared he saw a outline of a familiar figure. "Ah apprentice about time You join me again." Maul said, "Maul I'm not your apprentice and never will be and you're stupid enough to even try to turn a guardian of the old republic." Ezra barked back, "so be it... (ignited his dual lightsaber) Tonight you will then die by my blade on this waste land." Maul said in anger. "Nah Maul you just need to put your horns up your ass." Ezra said mocking the sith  assassin as he launched forward at Ezra. Ezra blocked the furious assault from maul and maul  was now determined to kill the young man. Maul tried to use his lightsaber hilt to hit Ezra but Ezra used a force jumped and did a spin in the air and as he did that he precisely cut off two off Mauls horns. Maul let out a yell in Rage and pain. The sith  assassin  Looked behind him to find  Ezra ready for another assault.  Then Ezra said, "gezzz old man even Deadpool could kick your ass." That's when maul went on a fury of attempted kill strikes forcing Ezra to pull back between some starfighters. 

As the battle raged maul just missed Ezra's head by inches but he struck one of the A Wings hual just enough for a small stream of fuel to start leaking. This time Ezra struck low and went on the offensive and maul blocked followed by a blade lock which Ezra used a force push on the sith sending him flying but maul regained himself in time to use his lightsaber to ignite the fuel on the ground. The fuel immediately started a blaze and trailed back into the A Wings fuel tank and causing a explosion that sent Ezra flying yards away from where he once was. 

Maul who regained himself seconds before the explosion slowly walked through the burning wreckage and smoke towards Ezra who was just getting back up on one knee.  "You will ether be my apprentice or after I kill you , I will kill everyone you hold dear... ah you do have love for someone... the Mandalorion... I should kill her family and her after your death." Maul said as he switched his tone and now he wanted Ezra to pay. Maul raised his blade to the right for be heading strike but as he swung back towards Ezra he was blocked by Ezra's blue blade. Before the  assassin could react he felt a sharp object hit him with such force it broke his back and dug into his heart. What Ezra just did was use one of Mauls horns he cut off earlier and used the force to make a clean kill. The sith fell back and before he hit the hard landing pad Ezra caught his former enemy. "The chosen one will avenge the one the force chooses." Maul said as he died in Ezra's arms. 

Within minutes the duel was over and spot lights around the scene activated followed by squads of rebels , droids and the rest of the crew who were asleep. Rex who remembered the siege of Mandalore couldn't believe what he was seeing the sith he was sent to capture all those years ago was dead In the arms of Ezra. "Is that really Darth Maul that I heard about during the clone wars?" A rebel trooper asked in ah, "yes soldier it is and Ezra just ended a sith who has been on a rampage across the galaxy." Rex replied to the soldier. Ezra then clipped on his lightsaber then he used the force and retrieved Mauls and said, "respect to your enemy can go along way so I'm keeping his lightsaber." Ezra said aloud. With most of the group around Ezra understood what he ment by that and Ezra who was showing it to them made kanan, zeb and Hera smiled by how honorable Ezra was being. 

The Jedi then stood up holding maul and carried to the burning wreckage because he remembered maul telling him he had no family or anything else. Ezra then tossed Mauls body in the fire and as the corpse slowly burnt away kanan walked beside Ezra. Next kanan said "you did the right thing Ezra." 

Atollon witnessing what the Jedi have to fight earned the respect of more rebels and later that night Ezra left a message for telling her maul is no longer a problem. Plus Ezra claimed Mauls ship and he had other plans for it.  

Respect to our enemies before and after death go a long way.