Please Don't Cry (Jesstra)

Jess's PoV

Jess looked at the money in her hand, rolling the coins in her palm. Should she? Or should she not?

Clutching the money, Jess entered the bookshop and immediately headed for the stationary, looking around for that one particular stationary. Jess ran a hand over the erasers, rulers and a pencil holder. Finally she came face to face with the rack of penknives.

Jess narrowed her eyes slightly, wondering if anyone would care if she just bought one. Would anyone ask questions? Maybe... maybe not. Jess pushed aside the rack of scissors and grabbed a penknife, which was wrapped in plastic and a warning sticker partially peeled off.

The simple metal blade was for a dollar, which Jess thought was rather expensive, since she had to save money in order to live. Her dad had stopped giving her an allowance and now she had to save every penny, scrounging for any possible job she could find. It was so tough, and everyday, she ran out of money. She was getting desperate...

But it was for a dollar.. so as to not seem suspicious, Jess grabbed the penknife and pretended to survey the neat columns of pencils. Once she stopped thinking that people were looking at her, she hesitantly made her way to the cashier, who just looked down at her purchases which consisted of an eraser, a ruler and a penknife.

"That'll be three bucks." The woman drawled. Jess looked at her. Didn't the woman care what she was buying? Maybe not since to other people, Jess looked like those nerdy types who would do projects which involves penknives and scissors and glitter glue.

Jess felt an ache in her heart as she handed the three dollars over. Three precious dollars. To others, that may seem cheap but to Jess, it was her lunch. Sighing, she picked up the orange plastic bag and left the stationary store. Nervously brushing her hair out of her face, Jess stared up at the passing clouds. Heaving a deep sigh, she decided to head home.

So without anyone stopping her, she went home and threw the penknife into her drawer, feeling sour.

So far, no one really cared about her. No one talked to her. Not even her mom or sisters. The only person she could talk to was-

Jess glanced at her phone glumly. Even Petra wasn't answering. Jess pushed away her phone, knowing no one would miss her if she ever left the world.

The only thing that was stopping for from going over the edge, was that she was scared of death. She didn't want to leave the world, leave everything behind. Gah, this was what she got if she read too much information about the afterlife.

Sure, she had her so-called 'friends' tell her to cheer up, but there was so much more than just plastering a smile to your face and thinking everything was fine even when it wasn't. Jess lounged on her chair, twirling the penknife around. Still no message from Petra...

Jess closed her eyes. That was the only thing keeping her from losing it. She was scared of death, and losing Petra.

That's all.

And if she ever forgot those two things, she would snap. And everything would fade away. Jess looked at the blade and slid it open, deciding.

-End

(Apparently writing at night helps, sorry if I spooked you guys out or something, whoops)