Mockery (Jesskas)

Lukas's PoV

Lukas was back in school, doodling in his sketchbook as people milled around, being all cheerful and happy. It was just stupid, Lukas thought, frowning as he wrote a name hidden amongst the drawing he just completed. Lukas sighed, glancing at his phone and not really surprised that he didn't revive any messages.

"What are you drawing?" A familiar voice asked, making Lukas look up warily.

"Uh- it's just my own things, Aiden." Lukas replied, immediately closing his book. "Come on! Just let me see." the other boy said, his voice starting to take on a meaner edge.

"No." Lukas said stubbornly. He hated showing his work to anyone. Even to his family, or even to his closest friends. Truthfully, he was embarrassed of himself. He felt stupid and childish. "Just a peek!" Aiden insisted.

"Unless..." Aiden smirked, "you're writing something dirty in there!" he laughed, making Lukas scowl.

"Ew, what? As if, you idiot! It's just my drawings and I said you can't see it!" Lukas clenched his fists. Aiden raised an eyebrow.

"Fine." Aiden said, folding his arms and looking around the classroom, where there were a few dozen people sitting around, waiting for classes to start. "HEY!" Aiden yelled, making all of them look up and over at Lukas and Aiden.

"No. Aiden- what are you doing?" Lukas stood up from his seat and looked at the other boy, who smirked.

"Lukas is drawing something and he's being super secretive! I wonder what it is!" Aiden said loudly, gesturing right at Lukas.

"Aiden- ." He couldn't believe Aiden just sold him out like that. Lukas started to panic as people looked over at him and starting to whisper amongst themselves. Lukas hated attention... it distracted him- wait.

Lukas turned to see that Aiden had picked up his sketchbook and pulled a face at Lukas. "God, your drawings are horrible! Even an dumpster holding an art exhibition would have better drawings than this!"

Lukas stepped back, as if Aiden had physically shot him.

"Aiden! Give it back!" Lukas exclaimed angrily, starting to panic again as he walked over to a classmate of theirs to show Lukas's drawing to them. Soon, the whole class was laughing at Lukas, who felt trapped.

He quickly opened the classroom door and ran away, tears streaming down his cheeks as he ran home, not caring that he was skipping his lessons. He didn't want to go back anyway. He didn't care. Lukas just wanted to keep as much distance as he could from Aiden and everyone else.

Finally, he reached his house and slammed his bedroom door closed. Still out of breath from his run, Lukas shoved everything off his desk and angrily wiped away his tears. "Lukas? Are you okay?" His best friend, Jesse, called from the other side of his bedroom door.

Jesse was currently staying with Lukas and his family while his own parents were travelling abroad, but that didn't matter now. Lukas pulled out a large paper shredder and grabbed all his sketch books.

Lukas rolled them all apart, crying tears of anger and frustration as he shredded each piece. He didn't care if he put in so much time for some of his drawings. They went into the shredder. All of them.

"Lukas! Open the door!" Jesse hit his fist against the wooden door but Lukas continued his frenzy, wanting to get rid of every single piece of paper he had his hands on. "Lukas! What's wrong?Please tell me!" Jesse pleaded from the other side.

Finally, Lukas held up the drawing he and Jesse had worked on together and fed it to the paper shredder. All the time, Lukas was just crying, his precious work all over the floor, torn to pieces.

He flinched when the door started to crack, and he heard Jesse crying. "Please! OPEN UP!"

Lukas looked over at the shredder and silently turned it off, trying to breathe. "Please! Lukas listen to me!" Jesse pleaded again as Lukas solemnly picked up his penknife.

"Please, LUKAS!"

Lukas rested the blade across his wrist and didn't think about the pain.

He just ran it across his arm and clenched his fists, pressing as hard as he could. Blood trailed down his wrists and he sat among his precious drawings, his blood turning some of the paper red.

He only looked up when he heard the door click open.

-End