idcanymore

Lukas's PoV

"I swear to God, Jesse." He laughed as held up his hands to block the spray of water from his friend's hands.

The other boy smirked, purposely dipping his hands in the bucket again to flick the water at him. "Take that!" he laughed.

"Stop!" Lukas chuckled, grabbing a scoop of water from a nearby bucket and flinging it at Jesse, making the hair on the boy's head stick to his forehead and his shirt wet.

The two boys were currently at the back of the school with the rest of the class. Jesse and Lukas were just milling around, waiting for class to end before they could finally go home.

And somehow, they found a bucket of water and started a splash fight.

"You're evil!" Jesse hollered, laughing as the two boys continued to fling water at each other.

"Oh wait wait wait," Jesse held up his hands, "Great. Now look what happened," Jesse pointed to the wet floor, which was slippery from all that water.

Lukas blew a strand of hair out of his face, smirking. "I guess we can just mop all this up, Jesse. Don't need to stress." he walked over to the janitor's closet and grabbed a mop to soak up all the water.

Jesse leaned against the wall, watching as Lukas got to work. "Say," the brunette spoke up, "There's Petra."

Lukas looked up to see the girl, who waved at them, her auburn hair tied up in a high ponytail and her bandanna around her head.

"Jesse.." Lukas stopped mopping the floor, leaning on the mop. "Can I tell you something?"

The brunette grinned at him, "Anything, bud. What's up?"

Lukas wondered if this was such a good idea... he had that bad feeling again, the one which he always felt whenever he was about to do something wrong. But he ignored it. After all, at least three other people in his class knew about his... his secret.

But he hasn't told his close friend, Jesse yet.

Somehow, even though Jesse was Lukas's close friend, he didn't feel comfortable telling him his secrets.

"The thing is," Lukas began, letting go of the mop and running his hand through his hair, "I-I used to like Petra."

Jesse glanced over at him, breaking his eye contact with the auburn girl. "Say what? Why don't you tell her that you like her?"

Lukas felt his lip tremble a little, unsure if he should spit out the words he's been holding in for weeks now. He's never done this face to face with someone, scared to see their reactions.

"I cant tell her.. I said I used to have a crush on her." Lukas blabbed, "But that was ages ago. I-I have a boyfriend now." he felt himself manage to stammer out.

Lukas saw Jesse stare at him, wide eyed, "What?" the grin on his face immediately vanishing as Lukas bit his lip, knowing that everything was probably going to go downhill from there.

Jesse gave him a small look for shock and a look of disgust. "Eww.. you're gay?"

Lukas felt his heart hammering against his chest, immediately regretting those stupid words which spilled out of his mouth.

"U-uh.. yeah.. I mean," he smiled, "You can stay away from me if you want!" he laughed, but he felt upset.

Jesse was his close friend... shouldn't he understand? Instead of.. giving him that look.

Jesse frowned, moving away from Lukas a little before giving him a smile and bumping his shoulder against his. "Well, that's kinda surprising."

Lukas looked at his friend timidly. "Sorry if I made this awkward.."