White Light (Jaiden)

(Randomly decided to write this) Aiden's PoV

Aiden sighed and lay on the cold floor, feeling the ache in his stomach again. He was so tired of just existing. Why should he live just to replay his life again and again?

Half of him wanted to look at the bright side. The positive side. But the other half... the darker side of him wanted to drive him more insane. Pushing him closer and closer to the edge.

The positive was painful. The negative was calm and Aiden couldn't choose. He could just give up. A simple coward's way out. However... he was scared of what came after. Was he going to suffer forever?

Pay for his own life? Or was he going to just sleep? Forever? That sounded boring.

Or maybe would he be born into a new life?

Or maybe Aiden shouldn't even be thinking about this at all. He should just live his life again. He frowned, trying to decide.

He felt that ache in his heart. The feeling of needing to do something but he just couldn't do it. No matter how much he wanted to. He wanted to write, but he just couldn't seem to pick up his pen and write.

He wanted to talk to his friends, but he couldn't steel himself to talk to them, after everything he'd done. "Aiden.?" he heard someone say. A familiar voice in the background.

Aiden sighed and got up from the ground, using his arm to prop himself up.

"Jesse." he said quietly, looking up at the other boy, who was looking back at him with sad eyes. "It's already August, Aiden... when are you going to wake up?" he asked.

Aiden turned away to stand up, "I can manage on my own Jes." he said quietly, walking over to the window to see the outside, which was so bright, he couldn't see the ground. All he could see was... just empty white space.But Aiden knew there was ground below. Far away and out of his reach.

"Take your time..." Jesse sighed, moving over to sit on the bed, which Aiden had not touched at all, ever since he came here. He preferred sleeping on the floor, where he could pretend he was gazing at stars.

"And it's gonna be okay."

"How do you know?" Aiden asked, looking at Jesse tiredly. "What if I just gave up?" he asked. Jesse didn't say anything, he just looked out the window, and out to the white space, as if there was something there.

Aiden leaned against the wall opposite and sighed, staring at Jesse. He had changed since their last visit. His green eyes were no longer radiant. His brown hair was nearly touching his collar and his face pale.

As if this was somehow affecting him.

But Aiden had been in this room for months now. As far as he knew. He never grew hungry or even tired. He just felt the heavy weight of a choice. The dark or the light. And Aiden couldn't decide. "It's already August.. when are you going to wake up?" Aiden heard Jesse whisper, still sitting on the bed.

"When are you going to come back home?" he asked, as if to himself. Aiden frowned, not really knowing why Jesse said that. It sounded like he wasn't addressing Aiden. But something more than that.

"I'll... be home one day." Aiden said, looking over at the window and standing in front of it to see nothing but swirling white mist. There was a silence as Jesse sat on the bed, his eyes closed. Aiden sighed, looking at the window again.

"I have to go now..." Jesse said, standing up from the bed and walking over to the door. Aiden looked at him, unsure as Jesse placed a hand on the doorknob. "Jesse." Aiden called, making the other boy stop in his tracks.

"Can... I come with you?" he asked.

Jesse turned to Aiden, a little surprised. The surprise turned into a small smile. "Sure.." Jesse held out a hand, which Aiden took.

***********************

Jesse's PoV

Jesse opened his eyes to see Aiden's fingers wrapped around his. His heart beat wildly, he knew he didn't take Aiden's hand before he drifted off to sleep.

"Aiden?" he whispered, hope in his voice as he looked at Aiden's closed eyes. "Are you awake?" Jesse whispered, clutching his hand tighter.

A small movement made Jesse smile even wider, tears prickling in his eyes as he saw the familiar smile again.

-End