Questions

Lukas's PoV

They didn't know. Come on Lukas, you know they didn't know. They don't suspect. Do they?

Lukas ran a hand through his messy blonde hair, trying to catch his breath. After that incident a few minutes ago, he wasn't sure if he could look at his friends in the face again. He was so close to revealing who he actually was...

Lukas wrapped his arms around his knees and sat at the stairs, trying to calm himself. He was having a full out panic attack, but with no one to comfort him... after what he did... he was sure he would have to hide even more.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

His classmates were huddled outside of their classroom, trying to warm themselves with the heat of the warm sun. Lukas was sitting beside a classmate of his, who was using his phone. Aiden.

On another side, there was a couple. Axel and Olivia. Axel and Lukas were pretty good friends so he was the only one Lukas had told his secret to. Another classmate of Lukas's stepped out of class, his dark brown hair waving a little in the wind and his hand holding a girl's hand, Petra.

"God, it's so cold in there." the boy said. "I know right? That's why we're out here." Lukas said, putting on his cool side.

Jesse smiled, and Lukas's old crush flared again. He always liked Jesse, as a good friend, of course.

Suddenly Jesse walked over and stood in front of Lukas, placing his warm hands at the sides of his neck. "Whoa, why are you so warm?" Jesse asked Lukas, who's jaw dropped open with surprise.

He wasn't expecting that. Lukas blushed, feeling the heat from his face rise, as Jesse and Lukas made eye contact. "Oh my god, you guys make a cute couple." Olivia laughed, as Lukas blushed even more. "I-I'm not gay!" he protested, catching Axel's eye.

Jesse pulled his hand away from Lukas's neck, looking at him curiously. Lukas tried to calm down, but even he knew that his entire face was bright red. And he hated it whenever he did that.

"Oh my god, Lukas you're so red." Olivia said, looking at him. Lukas rubbed his cheeks, "I'm always like this!"

"But not this bad!" Aiden laughed, "God you're so red!"

"You don't have to tell me! I'm perfectly aware!" Lukas snapped, suddenly hearing his own voice waver a little. Everyone looked at him as he tried to calm down. He couldn't show. He had to stop showing everyone that he was panicking.

"Are you... actually gay?" Olivia asked as Jesse went back into the classroom, holding Petra's hand. The door clicked shut, making Lukas look at Axel, Olivia and Aiden, who had left his game unattended.

"What? Me? NO!" Lukas laughed nervously. Axel looked at Lukas again, but he had to hide. They would treat him differently if they knew his dirty secret. "I'm not gay! Why do you keep looking at me like that? It's because no one has ever did that to me before." he trailed off.

"Awww are you gonna blush again if I do this?" Aiden asked, placing a hand against Lukas's neck again. Lukas folded his arms to keep them from shaking. "No. Because... it was only a one time thing, alright?!" Lukas protested.

Aiden pulled his hand away, "Alright alright, don't have to get so huffy." he said as Axel and Olivia exchanged a look and went back inside. Through the window, Lukas saw the four of them talking. Jesse, Petra, Axel and Olivia. Jesse looked at Lukas, and turned away quickly.

Just like that, he made everything awkward between them. Taking a deep breath, Lukas walked to the staircase, Aiden not even bothering to question him.

Lukas sat on the stairs, feeling everything replay in his head. How could he act like that around his friends? Now they would look at him weirdly... Lukas sighed, burying his head in his hands. How could he have been so stupid?

He pulled out his phone, and bit his lip.

Because he did have a boyfriend.

And for now, he had to keep his secret in this place.

-End