Sleepless Silence

Aiden's PoV

He lay on his bed, thinking and listening to music. All around him, it was dark but Aiden didn't really mind. He liked the darkness anyway. He's been listening to the same song over and over again, since it was kind of nice and it reminded Aiden of simpler times.

With that serene music filling his mind, Aiden closed his eyes and thought about what happened that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had tried to kill himself again.

Aiden was in the bathroom, a blade on his hand and his eyes fixed on the mirror in front of him. Truthfully... he didn't know why he was upset or sad. He just felt a little empty inside. Aiden pressed the blade across his throat and felt the sting of pain.

He imagined just doing a swift swipe of the blade, cutting his throat. But he couldn't do it... he was terrified of what would happen in the afterlife, after all... Aiden knew he wouldn't go to heaven so... he set down the penknife on the sink.

And he felt that feeling again... that ache in his stomach. Like he wanted to kill himself. Without thinking, he flipped open the blade and pressed it against his stomach, daring himself to press it deeper and deeper until all he could feel was blood, droplets of it just running down the blade.

He pulled the blade away and looked at the wound, which was rather small but bleeding a little. Panic took over him as he took off his shirt and tried to wash away the blood. But the wound stung against the water, making him wince. But he told himself he chose to do this after all... so...

He couldn't blame anyone but himself.

Aiden sighed and dropped the blade onto the floor, watching as it bounced a little and hit with a dull thunk. Aiden leaned against the sink, a hand on his wound as it stung.

"Aiden! Open up!" his friend, Lukas called. The lime eyed boy sighed and opened the door, covering his wound with his damp shirt. "Dude- why aren't you wearing a shirt!" Lukas asked, his eyes wide.

"Jeez, Lukas stop staring." Aiden sighed and bent down to pick up the penknife. But Lukas reached out and grabbed Aiden's wrist, making him flinch in alarm and panic. His natural response.

"Have you been cutting?" Lukas asked, looking at the blade. Aiden frowned. "Why?"

"Can I borrow your blade?"

"Huh?" Aiden was a little confused. "It's simple. I want to feel the same." Lukas said. Aiden felt a little hurt. "This isn't a game Lukas..."

"Oh yeah?" Lukas frowned. "Then show me."

Aiden didn't know what was Lukas talking about. "Show me that it isn't a game and that you're not looking out for attention."

"Cut yourself. Right now."

Aiden blinked, a little shocked at Lukas's reaction. "This isn't a game." Aiden repeated seriously.

"What?" Lukas said.

"This.." Aiden slid the blade open.

"Isn't." He rested it against his arm.

"A."

"Game." he slashed once, straight across his arm and making the skin instantly split. Lukas gasped as Aiden slit another line, making blood drip onto the floor in between them.

"You wanted prove that I'm not joking around right?" Aiden asked as Lukas stared at the blood slowly dripping from Aiden's two slashes.

"But- not like this!"

"Then next time..." Aiden clenched his teeth from the pain. "Think before you speak.."

With that, he left Lukas, dripping blood into the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden opened his eyes and stared at the two open wounds on his arm.

Well... he thought.
He deserved this

-End