Recovery (Jaiden)

Part 2
Aiden's PoV

He paced around his room, nervous and worried. Jesse... hasn't been answering his phone calls and texts. Where was he?

He glanced at his window. It was dark out and not too much of a problem. He went over to the window and pushed it open, letting the cool breeze wash over him. He took a deep breath, letting the air calm him down and clear his mind.

He had to find out what was wrong with Jesse.

He glanced behind him, ensuring that the door was shut before he put one leg over the sill and looked down. Not much of a drop, he thought before he jumped down, letting go of the side of the sill.

Oh god- this was too much of a drop- he thought quickly before he landed on the ground, right in his mom's flower bushes.

Great. He quickly scrambled out of them and brushed off the twigs and leaves. He looked up at his window, breathless but satisfied that he didn't make any noise. He started walking, trying not to make any sou-

And he hit right into the mailbox the moment he thought that.

"Seriously?" Aiden groaned as he rubbed his head, quickly straightening the box and running off before he caused any more ruckus.

He ran down the street and towards Jesse's house, making sure to stay on the sidewalks and avoid bright lights.

"Where are you.." Aiden muttered, looking down at his phone, hoping to find a message from his boyfriend. Nothing. He sighed and buried his hands in his hoodies, since it was cold.

Jesse had.. a bad streak of cutting himself whenever things got difficult for him.

But Aiden knew when to look out for the signs. Like when Jesse started replying later and later, or when he sounded listless and tired..

He loved the guy, no doubt about that. But it felt like Jesse somehow didn't love him back as much.

Aiden turned down the corner of the street, surprised to see that Jesse's house didn't have any lights on. Well, of course, it was nearly ten at night.

Maybe Jesse was sleeping.. and Aiden was being paranoid again. But something felt wrong.

He walked up to the porch and took out the keys from his pocket. Jesse's parents were out of town, Aiden knew. So that left Jesse's pet dog, Reuben, and his older sister, Jessica. (This is the real world, remember)

Aiden slid the key into the lock, turning it and a little uneasy at the silence. He had the key, because Jesse had made one especially for him during one of their dates. "So you can come in whenever you want." Jesse had joked as he passed Aiden the little blue key.

Never mind that now.. Aiden shook away the memory and entered the living room. Everything was so.. still. Except for that light in the bathroom.

He quickly made his way towards it and knocked. "Jesse? Are you in there?" he called.

His heart started to beat a little faster when there was no reply. Reuben trotted up to Aiden and sniffed at the door, whining and scratching it.

"Jesse, come on, open up!" Aiden knocked a little harder, trying not to panic.

**********************

Jesse's PoV

His eyes fluttered open a little, feeling dizzy. He looked down at his arm, where there was that deep cut he made earlier. Sticky crimson blood was all over the floor, and there were a million little cuts all over his wrists and thighs. And even across his stomach.