Missing Sister

(Mild Jaiden ship)
Aiden's PoV

Aiden swallowed, staring at the deep cuts on his arm. Tears prickled in his eyes as he furiously rubbed them away. Jesse wasn't worth crying over. He had to let him go. He had no choice.

Jesse liked Petra, that's that. Aiden had to face reality. Aiden didn't know what was he feeling to be honest. He just felt empty, with no emotion. Maybe numb was the correct word. But Aiden could still smile, laugh and joke around without feeling anything.

Aiden ran a finger over his recent scars, his head propped on his desk and his headphones over his ears. With a pencil lying a few inches away from his outstretched fingers, Aiden looked so devoid of life. Anyone who walked past would think he was dead. Aiden felt a tear slide down the side of his head and fall onto the notebook he was writing on.

Jesse wasn't worth crying over. He had to repeat that until it was drilled to his head. He wasn't worth crying over. Aiden sat up, his head spinning a little as he ripped out the paper and furiously balled it up, and threw it into the waste bin beside him. He wasn't worth crying over.

Aiden grabbed his pencil and cried as he wrote down those words over and over again on the book. He wasn't worth crying over. That was the only way Aiden could move on. Aiden only stopped when he reached the end of the notebook, which was covered with angry handwriting and scribbles everywhere.

Aiden had to calm down. If not his mother would know what was he up to... Aiden glanced at the penknife, lying on its side. He didn't want to do it, so he looked away, struggling to rein himself in again. He wasn't worth crying over.

"Aiden?" someone tapped him on his shoulder, making him look up. It was his youngest sister, looking up at him with her mismatched eyes and innocent smile. "Can you tell me how to solve this?" she asked him, holding out a book. Aiden sighed, but agreed to help her.

She sat on his leg as Aiden explained how to solve her question. "So there you have it." Aiden finished, putting down his pencil. His sister was quiet for awhile, as if working up the courage to ask him something. "Aiden?" she finally asked, looking at him worriedly.

"Yeah?"

His sister hesitated for a bit. "What... are those?" she asked, pointing to the two clean lines running down his arm. "Oh.." Aiden wanted to cover up the scars but it was too late. "Audrey.." Aiden sighed, not knowing how to explain to her.

"It's okay, Aiden. I understand." Audrey smiled, hugging him. Aiden was a little taken aback by her sudden hug. "Why are you hugging me?" he asked her.

"So that you'll be fine!" she giggled, closing her eyes. To be honest, he needed this hug. He really did. "Thanks Audrey." Aiden smiled as he hugged his sister.

Aiden sat up, trying to catch his breath. Aiden put a hand to his chest, and was surprised to find that he was crying. He looked around to see the sun shining in through his window and the broken glass of the picture he had shattered the night before.

Aiden felt a pang of sadness as he got off the bed and went over to it. "I miss you Audrey." Aiden murmured, running a hand across the smiling picture of Audrey and himself.

"I wished it wasn't just a dream."

-End