Friends (Jesskas)

dedicated to: lgbtqmcsm
(because girl, this song is great- and now we can fangirl together) XD
- this kinda ties in with that chapter before this btw.

**************************

"We'll get out of this," Jesse murmured as he sat beside Lukas in the moving truck. Lukas looked pale as flashes of light illuminated his face as the truck drove past more and more lampposts.

The two boys had been captured and were now headed towards the hospital to be drugged and checked for the infection that was spreading throughout the entire world.

"Everything's gonna be okay." Jesse whispered under his breath as Lukas trembled from the shock and cold of the winter outside.

Lukas clenched his teeth together as he struggled not to cough, knowing what would happen if he did.. he couldn't let anyone know.

The blonde leaned against Jesse, his hands and legs tied with zip ties but still managing to hold Jesse's hand in his own.

"I love you," Lukas whispered back, twisting the silver ring around Jesse's finger. "I-If we don't make it out of here-."

"Shhh, we will." Jesse whispered back, his lips against Lukas's cheek, "I know we will make it out of here alive. I promise."

Lukas pulled away from Jesse, struggling to keep that cough in. "Lukas? What's wrong?" he heard Jesse ask worriedly as Lukas's vision blurred for a moment. He blinked back his tears and shook his head, "I-Its okay, I just got dizzy there for a sec.." he managed a weak smile.

Just as Jesse opened his mouth to reply, the doors of the dirty metal truck flew open, making one kid yelp with shock as someone grabbed his arm. Jesse watched as the kid burst into tears as the older man roughly pushed him to the ground.

The others flinched when they heard a gunshot and the crying immediately stopped.

What kind of place was this.?

Jesse felt Lukas wrap his fingers around his tied wrists, trying not to cry as more and more people got out of the truck.

Lukas and Jesse were both sixteen, but both extremely dangerous despite their ages. They've been through so many problems together and now that they were finally captured.. who knows what could happen?

When the crowd thinned, the two boys got out of the truck and their feet crunched against the snow, trekking towards a blinding white hospital.

It stood out against the darkness of their surroundings like a sore thumb. And Jesse hated it all.

Ever since the government had spread the disease which killed off the rest of the world, he mistrusted them and now they were entering enemy territory.

Up ahead, he saw someone press a device at the side of a girl's head. Jesse noticed it flashed green momentarily and she was taken straight into the building.

But on the other hand, he saw a five year old boy holding a plushie get the device pressed at the side of his head. And it turned red.

Before Jesse could even call out, the guard holding the device pull out a gun and shoot the boy straight in the head, killing him instantly.

Jesse felt Lukas grip his arm tightly as they made their way to the front of the queue. Nothing was going to happen to them. Nothing. He was going to believe they were going to make it out alive. No matter what..

Jesse gritted his teeth as the guard pressed the device against his temple, and the device flashed green. He was clear...

Jesse relaxed, turning back around just as a flash of red made him stop. Lukas. Lukas..