Hello (Aidkas)

Inspired by: 'Hello' by Adele

Aiden ran in the rain, his shoes getting soaked with rainwater. But he had to keep running or else he won't make it. He turned the corner of the street and glanced at his watch.

He barely had less than a minute to get to the nearest phone booth.

"Oh come on." he muttered as soon as he was blocked by the sudden wave of people exiting a store. He shouldered someone aside and finally found the booth.

He grinned and unhooked the phone, dialing a phone number he knew so well.

Ignoring the pounding of the rain outside and the crowd of people, he strained his ears to listen for the familiar click. To let him know that someone had picked up.

"Come on," Aiden whispered under his breath, impatiently tapping his foot against the concrete.

Just as he was about to hang up and dial again, he heard a faint click of someone on the other end. "Hey."

That simple 'Hey' already made Aiden's knees weak as he smiled. "Hey yourself."

There was a soft laugh, making Aiden lean against the phone booth, which accepted his money and indicated that he had five minutes to talk to the love of his life.

"How are you?" Lukas asked softly, making Aiden close his eyes and pretend the beautiful blond boy was whispering in his ear.

"Pretty nervous." Aiden admitted, twirling the wire of the phone with his finger, "I mean, we're going to finally meet in a week. I cant stand the wait!"

Lukas laughed again, making Aiden sigh. He wanted to keep Lukas's laugh in his mind forever.. that was how much he was in love with the blonde.

Ever since Aiden had met him in school a few years ago, the two had been inseparable. In their second year, Aiden finally gathered up the nerve to ask the blonde out.

And to his surprise, Lukas agreed.

So they were together for two years. Two blissful, happy years.

However.

All that changed when Lukas's parents had to move out the country.

And the two had to say goodbye.

But that small matter didn't let that stop them though since they started calling each other.

Aiden always used a phone booth located in his town while Lukas used his home phone. And it worked out perfectly.

That... was love.

Aiden didn't care how long it took to get to the booth from his house. He would run through the wind and rain just to near his boyfriend's voice every day.

It was a little complicated though, since they only had a specific time they could call each other. Every day at two o'clock in the afternoon since that was the time Lukas was free from school.

Aiden didn't care how long he would wait. He just needed to hear Lukas everyday.

"How about you? How are you?" Aiden asked breathlessly, blushing as people outside stared at him curiously.

"Oh you know, I miss you so much.." Lukas replied. "And well, the people here are just as crappy as always, love. I miss your stupid jokes."

Aiden leaned against the glass panes of the booth, resting his head against the cool material. He listened to the rain above him, hitting the roof of the booth as he heard Lukas's reply.