Prom (Aiden x Axel)

[ Prom ]
(Aiden x Axel)

Aiden covered his eyes as Lukas patted him on the back. "It's okay Aiden," the blonde was saying as they sat at the table. "Everything's gonna work out in the end!"

"Easy for you to say!" Aiden muffled voice shot back, still covering his eyes with his left arm. "You've asked Petra a few weeks ago and now we barely have a day to ask people out for prom!"

Lukas thumped the brunette on the head with his book. "It wasn't easy, alright?" he laughed, gesturing to the huge bruise on his own arm. "All I had to do was arm wrestle her and I swear I nearly broke my wrist!"

"But afterwards," Aiden looked over at his friend, "After she beat you, she just smirked and said yes. That's easy!"

Lukas shrugged. "She's a tough girl. But who are you asking out? Jess?" he suggested, making Aiden's stomach flip. Lukas obviously didn't know yet.

"Uh.." Aiden's eyes strayed over to the table opposite theirs, where Axel Roth (note: some of you OGs might know where I got this name from 😏) was sitting.

Lukas followed Aiden's eyes and his blue eyes widened when he realised who Aiden was staring at. "No way," he whispered, a hint of a smile starting to form. "You like-!"

"Shhh!" Aiden quickly covered Lukas's mouth, a faint blush starting to form. "What if he heard us?" he demanded as Lukas gestured to his hand frantically, before pretending to faint.

Aiden sighed, "Lukas you're so dramatic." he said as the blue eyed blonde flicked open an eye and grinned.

"Why, thank you. But now," he sat up and propped his head up with his arm. "Tell me how are you gonna get Axel to take you to prom."

Aiden bit his lip, twiddling his thumbs. "Uh.. a bunch of flowers?" he asked hopefully as Lukas shook his head.

"Too old fashioned."

"Chocolate?"

"Seriously Aiden," Lukas looked at him incredulously, "This isn't Valentine's Day. Think with that empty noggin you have." he tapped Aiden's head.

"Ugh," Aiden slammed his head on the table, making the people around them stare, including Axel.

"Sorry! He's just stressing out." Lukas pointed to Aiden, who kept on hitting his head as people nodded and went back to their conversations.

"Okay, Aiden," Lukas grabbed his arms, making the lime eyed boy look at him sadly. "Why do you like Axel?" he whispered.

Aiden glanced over to the boy, who was laughing at something his friend Olivia had said. "Well," Aiden began, "He... helped me a lot. In my history project. And math. And english."

"He basically helped you a lot." Lukas interrupted, making Aiden nod.

"And... he's cute. The way he laughs. And his jokes." Aiden sighed dreamily.

"And I swear I can just sit in front of him all day and listen to him talk and talk..." Lukas waved a hand over Aiden's eyes, trying to break his daydream.

"Okay... do you want me to help you or are you going to stare at him until lunch is over?" Lukas asked, snapping his fingers as Aiden shook out of his thoughts. "Oh right, please Lukie can you help me?" Aiden pleaded, using their old childhood names.

Lukas rolled his eyes. "Alright alright, Aiden... jeez. Don't give me those puppy dog eyes." he shoved Aiden away with a laugh as he smiled at his friend gratefully.

"So... how do we get Axel to like you?"

************************

Aiden looked at Lukas nervously, tugging at the ends of his hoodie. "You can do this!" the blonde grinned and safely hid away just as Axel walked along the hallway. Just like how they had planned.