Stressed Out

"I-I feel like we're losing each other, Aiden." Jesse whispered hoarsely as the two boys sat at the back of the class.

Their lesson hasn't begun, and they felt like they were in the clear to talk openly. No one ever stopped by in class in the early morning after all.

Aiden drummed his fingers on his desk, thinking. "Look, why don't you just tell him? Tell Lukas how you feel?"

"It's not that simple, Aiden!" Jesse tried to keep the anger and frustration out of his voice, "I don't know if he loves me anyway."

Jesse buried his head in his hands, feeling everything slowly falling apart. His boyfriend, Lukas... he didn't feel as close as he used to.

Jesse didn't know why he just slowly started to think of him lesser and lesser, but somehow didn't want to let go. It was just.. so complicated.

"I don't want to let him leave me, Aiden." Jesse whimpered as Aiden hugged the crying boy, "I love him. A lot, but do I really?" he asked himself.

"I feel like.." Jesse's voice grew weaker, "He doesn't love me anymore-."

"Hey hey hey," Aiden looked at Jesse, patting his shoulder, "Don't think about those negative thoughts, Jesse. Even though he's travelling, I'm sure he still loves you."

"But he's never coming back here." Jesse muttered, "This whole long distance thing just.. doesn't work. Everyone says so."

Jesse rested his head on the table, looking down at the silver ring around his finger. The same one Lukas gave to him before he left.

Aiden sighed, "You just need to take time to convince yourself that it will all work out, okay? You'll see him again one day, no matter what."

"But I've seen his- his life. He seems to be enjoying himself without me." Jesse rubbed his head.

"I think that's called living, Jesse. And I think you forgot how to do that." Aiden told him reassuringly.

Jesse blinked the tears away from his eyes, sighing, "I-I guess.."

"But Aiden," Jesse murmured, "I've seen Lukas. He's been telling me all sorts of terrible things that's been going on over at his new school and-." he took a deep breath, "And I feel so.. helpless."

"I feel helpless that I can't help him. I cant do anything to help!" Jesse started to talk faster and faster like he did whenever he became anxious or worried.

"A-And now that he's getting all these new friends to hang out with- I feel like he's going to leave me and-."

"Jesse, just calm down," Aiden took him by the shoulders, "Okay? Take a deep breath and don't overthink it!"

As Jesse took a small shaky breath, Aiden looked up when a few people started to stream into the room, talking to each other and making Jesse hide out by himself again. As per usual.

Ever since Lukas left him, Jesse had been withdrawn and quiet, never wanting to draw attention to himself.

Aiden glanced at Petra, dropping his arms as she waved at him.

"Hey, what's up?" she asked, standing beside him as they watched Jesse rest his head on the table. "I see he's still upset." she whispered.

Aiden nodded, frowning, "I don't know if he can get over-."

Jesse took out his phone, gazing at the screen before turning it off, slumping back down over the desk.

"He's been doing that everyday, right?" Petra tilted her head, "Wonder what's he doing."

Aiden frowned, wanting to tell her but he vowed to keep Lukas a secret from their classmates. Who knew what could happen if Jesse's secret was revealed to the others?

And.. besides.

Aiden felt a little touched that Jesse actually trusted him.

And he wasn't going to just throw it away.

-End

[ :/ just wanna write something but idk what- ]