The Fight

The Fight

Ally ran out of the classroom after sixth period ended. For once, she was wide awake. She couldn't let Aaron get hurt. Hayden was a big kid.

She went to the stairway and saw that already a crowd was crowding around the pair. Ally squeezed through people to see Aaron with his fists up in the air, guarding his face. Hayden was laughing silently at Aaron's feeble block and promptly started to lunge at Aaron.

Pushed back by the crowd, Ally couldn't see the first hit. But she heard a groan and she lunged forward, only getting to the second layer of kids. Aaron had fallen.

"Stand up!" Hayden shouted, sneering. Aaron got up and threw a fist of his own. Hayden topple back, grabbing his now-bleeding nose. He cried out in anger and grabbed Aaron's collar.

"No!" Ally ran up between the two boys. She took Hayden's next punch. It hit her jaw.

"Ahh!" Ally screamed, falling onto the floor, her jaw red and bloated.

"Ally!" Aaron said, falling to his knees. He screamed in rage and hit and punched Hayden as fast and as hard as he could. Hayden hit back, and soon both were bruised and bleeding, while Ally sat on the stairs, trying to staunch the blood coming out of her mouth.

"HEY!" A teacher said, stopping the fight and sending the kids scurrying back to class.