Lenny

Lenny

Lenny had spiked up, black hair. He had brown reading glasses framing his hazelnut eyes. His brown skin glowed under the florescent lights, and he was reading a book

"Hi," Ally said cautiously. Lenny looked up, smiled, and closed his book.

"Hey, I'm Lenny."

"Yeah, I know. How old are you? You don't look like a psychologist." Ally sat down at a chair.

Lenny laughed. "Aren't you a gem? I'm twenty-five, and there's my degree," he pointed to the wall with a fancy plaque.

"Okay."

"So you like writing?"

"Huh?" Lenny handed her a book. She opened it, and there were pages after pages of a story.

"The young man... Aaron, gave this to me, saying you wrote it with him." Ally read the words. The warmakers killed seven elves, and Cece left Jay quickly, saying, "Your kind is evil."

"I would never write this stuff. And I don't even know him."

"Just keep it okay? And... Do you want to talk about your amnesia? It's good to talk about your past, recover it."

"I don't. All I know is that there's a weird boy who comes every day and asks to see me, but I don't want to because my arms are burned and the scars are visible and they will be for many years!"

Lenny leaned forward. "I know about your scars on you. But they will fade, and you'll understand that it doesn't matter any more."

"That's what everyone says, but they don't understand. It's a good thing my face didn't burn with it."

Lenny folded up his sleeve and showed her a long scar. "I promise I do."

The thirty minutes were up. Ally clutched the book in her hand and left the room, her mind spinning.

"He's come again." Cara stuck her head in her room.

Why wouldn't Aaron just... Leave? She didn't want him to see her matted hair, her burned, reddened arms.

"Finally snapped. She put a jacket on herself and brushed her hair.

The first she saw were his electric blue eyes, widened. His spiky, coppered black hair was shiny. His jeans were ripped, and Ally vaguely remembered seeing him when she woke up, the same outfit.

"Hi." Aaron stood several away from her hospital bed.

Ally heard her voice, low, distant from her body. "Hey."

"What-what happened?" Aaron stuttered. "I mean, you left school, and-"

"I don't know!" Ally shouted, frustrated. "I lost my memory. I don't even know you are."

Aaron stepped back, his eyes like saucers. "I'm sorry Cece-"

"Wait." Ally held up the book Lenny had given her. "Why did you call me that?"

"We wrote that-"

"Why did you call me that?"

"I don't know, Ally. Do you want me to leave? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine!" She screamed. "Take this with you," She threw it at him. "I don't want it. It's stupid."

Aaron's eyes glimmered with tears, and he walked out of the room quickly.

Ally growled and turned in her bed, turned off the lamp, and cried.