The Silent Treatment

Aaron saw a sluggish Ally in the hallway.Her long hair was mussed, she wore sweats, and her eyes were bloated.

"Hey, Ally!" Aaron waved. Ally glanced at Aaron and turned away.

Aaron's mind raced. Why was she ignoring him. Aaron caught Ally's pale arm.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just go back to your girlfriend." Ally spat and walked away, flinging her arm loose from Aaron's vice grip.

How could Arron be so clueless? Ally walked in the hallways, glancing at Penny, who waved at her and smiled a laser whitened smile.

She ignored the girl and clutched her notebook. What would happen to her and Aaron's book? Were they going to publish it anytime soon?

Aaron ate lunch by himself, until a girl with copper penny hair and an expensive purse sidled up to his seat, dropping her salad and water next to him.

"Hi, Hun!" Penny grinned.

"You," Aaron growled.

"_WHAT?_" Penny asked, her lotioned hands up.

"What did you do to make Ally sad, you overly glossed..." Aaron bit back his words.

"No, Aaron! I did nothing! I promise!" Penny whined, her teeth slightly nibbling her reddened lips.

"Whatever," Aaron threw away his lunch and walk away, looking for Ally. The library, he thought. He went upstairs and found her writing in her book in an aisle.

"Ally-"

Her eyes widened and she fled.