Deal

Deal

The lady sitting at the desk, talking in that familiar voice was too perfect.

Too perfect.

The kind of perfect that's evil.

Krista had short cut, copper hair, and she wore a smart grey blouse with a dark blazer. Her red lips pursed as she talked in a tight voice.

"Fine! I don't care if you don't want Luna Publishing to publish your book! Go somewhere else!"

Ally exchanged looks with Aaron, eyes alert and lips tight.

Krista disconnected with the earpiece and smiled at the pair, mood quickly changing.

"Hello! You must be the two children for the book?" Her eyes crinkled.

Aaron nodded, handing Krista the printed manuscript. She said a thanks and put it in her drawer of the desk.

"So what are you looking for? I hope you realize that it will take a bit of money to be able to publish this. And then, part of the profits will be to me. I hope you reAlly want to invest money into this, because we don't know who is going to buy it."

Ally spoke up. "Life's a gamble, isn't it? Our demographic is 9-12 year old girls, and we plan to sell the 300 page book for $11.99."

"Honey, it's going to take at least 200 bucks for me to print off thirty copies, and well, we'll have to only sell to the local bookstore here and maybe the library will buy a couple. You know it'll be hard for you all to stand out in the millions of authors out there," Krista smiled sadly. "I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I don't know you should invest even 100 dollars. It's expensive!"

Aaron and Ally exchanged a look. "We don't care."

Krista looked closely at the pair. "What grade are you all in? 7th?"

They nodded.

"I have a daughter in 7th grade. Her name's Penny."