The Principal's Office

"What has gotten into you?" Mrs. McIntosh exclaimed. The principal had the three kids in her office, and she was pacing around.

"Ally didn't hit anybody!" Aaron said quickly. They had all been treated, and Ally had an ice pack, and the boys had several bandages and ice packs.

"Ally?" Mrs. McIntosh asked. Ally looked up.

"I-I got in between them so I could stop the fight, and one-on-one of them hit me accidentAlly..." Ally stumbled. "I didn't want either of them to get hurt."

Aaron noted how Ally didn't say "Aaron's my friend."

"What was the fight about?"

"Hayden said some stuff about us, and I got mad so I picked a fight with him." Aaron said. "Ally had nothing to do with it."

"I see. Aaron and Hayden, you will both be suspended for a week. Please call your parents at the front desk to pick you up." Mrs. McIntosh said. "Ally, you head back to class."

Ally was in her treehouse.

She felt so hollow inside. Aaron admitted he didn't like her at all, and now her mouth hurt and she had no one to write with. Her journal and pen was in her hand, but it was 9 at night and she had just come up to watch the stars. Ally decided to risk falling off by using the window to climb up to the roof of the treehouse. It was a slightly sloped roof, so it wasn't so bad, but getting up was the problem. Her foot got caught in the hollow window many times, and she slipped twice.

The breeze was blowing through her hair.

Buzz. Her phone was ringing.

"Hello?" Ally asked.

"Hey."

"Aaron."

"Can I come? Meet you at your treehouse?"

"Y-yeah."

Aaron biked over. His eyes widened at the sight of her on the roof, but her came up and swung himself next to her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"I reAlly am your friend, Ally.I promise I am."

"Okay."

"You don't believe me, do you?" Ally looked at him. His ripped up jeans seemed faded, and so did his eyes, although we're still kind of intense.

"I don't know."

"Trust me."

"I want to try."

"Please.

"Okay." Her voice was at a whisper now.

Aaron grabbed her hand. "Ally," his eyes serious and bright. "I do like you. We're friends. Or..."

"Or..?" Ally asked, turning away, watching the night sky. Shooting stars lit up the dark sky.

"Or..." Aaron started. "It's beautiful."

"The stars? Yeah. Are you ever going to finish your sentence?" Ally joked. For the first time, he looked nervous.

"We're friends. Or... Or... More than that," Aaron said, squeezing his eyes shut and dropping Ally's hand.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry, I don't know-" Aaron said, his electric blue eyes glimmering.

"No, it was... nice." Ally said.

"Oh." Aaron took her hand again and leaned in, even closer than that incident with the bad-boy thing. He stopped right in front of her face.

"Ally, I..."

She leaned in, closing the gap, kissing Aaron for real. Not stopping inches between.

Ally shot back. "Should I have done that?"

Aaron smiled. "I think so."