A New Life

A New Life

"Oh my God," Mrs. Gunderman shook. She grabbed a doctor. "She can't remember anything! Fix her!"Ally looked at the woman, mad, crazed. The nurse kindly said, "I'm Nurse Cara. Let's have everyone leave except for you and me." Ally nodded her head, and the nurse ushered everyone out quickly.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Nothing except the night I was in the treehouse," Ally replied.

"Okay. That lady was your mother, Elise Gunderman. The boy there is your friend. Aaron? You have a brother, too. Named Billy. He's at a soccer game."

"Wow." Ally looked at the nurse. "But I don't know any of them."

"Yeah, you have some amnesia. You'll be in therapy in a couple of days, and you'll be discharged in a month or so. Then you'll come back every week until you feel you can stop mental therapy or physical therapy." Cara handed her some water, and Ally drank it quickly.

"I don't want to."

"I know it's hard right now, but you'll like Lenny. He's pretty nice." "I just want to sleep Cara nodded and left the room, shutting off the lights and saying, "I'll bring lunch in thirty minutes."

Ally lay in her bed, thinking about everyone who was in her hospital room. Her head hurt. She rolled onto her side and closed her eyes.

After a couple of days resting and talking to Cara about her life, Ally was ordered an hour of mental therapy with Lenny by the doctor, and then thirty minutes of physical therapy.

She set down her spoon and then dipped her grilled cheese into her tomato soup.

"Do I have to?"

"Yeah," Cara said sympatheticAlly. I'll take you in about fifteen minutes." She left the room, leaving Ally to her food and TV.