Together, Writing

Together, Writing

Aaron was back. And Ally had her notebook. Worn and used, the notebook had been through a lot of pain, tears, and lust. She had written another bit. And so Ally was ready to present to him. Her love. Her want to write. With him.

"Aaron-" he turned. He walked back to her, eyes alert. "Yeah?"

"I started writing again. I realized... This is what I love." Her eyes down, she handed him the book. "We have to finish it. I remembered. I remembered how much fun we had, how you were my only friend."

He smiled softly, his fingers clutching the notebook. "Ally... I've missed you."

"Me too. Me too."

And secretly, the fairy and human met, just near the border in the fairy side. They threw stones into the glimmering water and talked all day, until the boy must go. Jay looked forward to the days, and Cece waited for him at the pond always.

Aaron softly kissed her cheek. She blushed, touching the spot where his lips had been.

"Hi," Ally said.

"Hi."

"Aren't stars pretty?"

"Too bad they die."

"Can you ever be positive?"

"Well, it's true. They'll die and they explode. It's just the way it is."

Ally grabbed onto the top of the treehouse. "But they're pretty. I don't care that they're going to die someday; it's beautiful."

"We'll all die someday," Aaron smiled, "But you'll always be beautiful too."

Ally grabbed his hand. "And you'll be as handsome as always."

"Did you write anymore?"

"I tried." A pause. "It's so much harder now, to write this fantasy. But it's going."

"Never thought I could write more about a fantasy than you, huh?" Aaron grinned, changing his seating position.

"Yeah, Mr. Pessimistic," Ally replied sarcasticAlly.

"Don't you love our conversations up on the roof?"

"I do."

"I do."

Penny was back, but she didn't care. She had found a "hunk" named Quentin.

She walked over to Aaron and Ally. "Don't you love my boyfriend Q?" She smirked, pointing at a muscular, blonde, blue-eyed boy."

"It's not my job to love him, Penny, it's yours. Don't you know how relationships work?" Ally said, regaining confidence. "Oh, never mind. If you did, you wouldn't have been a bully. An overconfident, fake, conceited bully!"

"You're just jealous Quentin is hotter than Aaron."

"Ha! As if. You're dating a Barbie. That's good, because you're one yourself." Ally retorted, smiling sickly.

"And anyway, why are you even talking to us?" Aaron asked. "I thought you were 'out of our league.'"

"Hmph!" Penny smirked. She sashayed out of the hallway to kiss Quentin.