Epilogue

Epilogue

It had been one year since The Fence Between was published. Ally and Aaron were freshmen at high school.

The story was a big hit at not only their local Barnes and Nobles, but also ones in other states, even across the country. It made the New York Times bestsellers list, and they were interviewed by multiple newspapers and journalists about being young authors.

As they harbored their life between writing the sequel of The Fence Between, going to school, and being famous both online and at their high school, they kept their relationship strong, known as young lovers who accomplished their dreams together.

No one alienated Ally or Aaron anymore. No one mentioned Ally's reddish scars and Aaron's avid love of black and ripped jeans. They made friends, but mostly liked to keep to themselves, as always.

Penny moved to a private high school after finishing eighth grade. She quickly terrorized the kids at her school, leaving Aaron and Ally to celebrate her departure. They never saw Krista again, although she did regret not taking them up on publishing the book.

"Ally!" She turned to see her friend Eliza skipping over to her, completely forgetting that she was in high school and that people were looking at her.

Ally smiled. "Hey, Liz. Where are you headed?"

"History. Why do you have all your stuff packed? Are you going somewhere?"

Aaron slipped his hand around his girlfriend's waist, smiling at Eliza and then at Ally. "We're going to give the first draft of Broken Wood to Milton today, and then we're going to an interview. After that, today's—"

Ally interrupted, grinning. "Let me tell this part, Aaron. Liz! We're flying to LA in eight hours to see the reps of Paramount. They want to buy the rights to make a movie of The Fence Between."

Eliza gasped. "Oh my gosh! That's huge! Congrats, you two! I need to find a boyfriend and write a book or something." The three of them laughed, ignoring those around them, who were staring, trying to be discrete.

"You're better at volleyball," Aaron remarked. "You should skip a bunch of grades and then enter college and be a professional volleyball player or something."

"My grades aren't that amazing," Eliza said, whining. She checked her watch and her eyes widened. "H-hey, congrats again! I'm gonna go to class, okay?" She scurried out, and Ally giggled and waved bye before turning to Aaron.

He held an arm out. "Shall we go, princess?" Ally placed her hand on Aaron's arm and chuckled.

"We shall go," she said. They exited the school, arousing looks from all the high schoolers as they walked the other direction from the majority of the people in the hallway.

"Hey, princess," Aaron said.

"Yeah?" Ally asked, looking for Aaron's aunt's new and nice car. Aaron pouted as she ignored him, and then said her name again.

"Ally." She turned her head and found her lips pressed to Aaron's. She startled and tried to pull away, but Aaron kept his hands on her shoulders and continued until she hit his face.

"Ow!"

"Hey, your aunt is here!" She said, changing the subject out of embarrassment. They entered the shining silver SUV awkwardly, and were greeted by Billy and a healthy Mrs. Gunderman.

Aaron's aunt smiled at them from the driver's seat. "Y'all ready to go to LA?" She shouted. Ally cried out in response.

"You betcha!"

The only thing left in the high school parking lot was the echoes of the shouts of the two families and a cloud of dust.

-end.-