Chapter 15

I sat at the table as I smoked my cigarette

I sat at the table as I smoked my cigarette. A knock came at the door before Ian came in. "Ian!" I called out and got up rushing over to hug him. He pulled away "I'm making cookies for a hot firefighter, wanna help?" he asked and I smiled.

"Fuck yeah!" I said. We went to the kitchen so get the supplies he needed and we went back to the Gallagher household. When we finally made the cookies Ian went inside while I stayed outside to... enjoy the view. They were holding a training class outside in the heat.

I grabbed my phone as one of the guys came over. "What brings you here?" He asked and I bit my lip, before I said "My brother is dropping cookies off." He nodded and said "You're really pretty." I put a hand on my heart, "Aww. Thank you" He chuckled and said "I'm Parker" he held a hand out and I placed mine in his, "Delaney." I smiled at his baby blue eyes, as he said "Are you still in school? I'm just wondering because I'm transferring to the school here in the south side from the north side."

"Yeah. I go there" I chuckled and placed a hand on his arm as we smiled at each other. "Can I get your number?" He asked and I nodded. He pulled out his phone and I told him my number. "I sent you a text" he said and my text tone went off. "Lane lets go" Ian said and I giggled, "I gotta go" I said and walked away sliding my hand off his arm. I walked after Ian and as we made our way home he laughed at me. "He was cute" Ian said and I laughed "RIGHT" I said and we both laughed.

"I got a place to be" I said and split off going down another road. I walked up to the bike shop where Carl and Nick were. "Aye Laney" Carl called out and we did a handshake. "Did you find one you like?" I asked Nick and he nodded. I smiled as they went in to pay for it, and I stayed outside to smoke a cigarette.

My phone buzzed and I bit my lip to see a text from Parker.

'What are you doing Friday?'

'I don't think I have anything scheduled'-me

'Parker- Wrong. You're going on a date with me'

'Oh really? Guess I have to go shopping'-me

I locked my phone as they came out of the shop. "I gotta dash" I said and started walking home. When I finally get home I laid in my bed with a huge smile on my face. I got up and grabbed a cigarette and walked out of the house.

I went to the Gallagher household and plopped down next to Carl. "Whats happening Laney?" He asked but I shrugged as I laid my head on his lap. I sighed and he absent mindlessly ran a hand through my hair. I smiled as he played with my hair. I love it when people play with my hair. Especially Carl.

"I met a hot guy today" I said and he stopped. "Why'd you stop" I pouted, and he just gave me a look. "Who?" He asked and I shrugged. "Said he's a North Sider. His name is Parker now less talky more playing" I said and he rolled his eyes running another hand through my hair. I smiled and closed my eyes as I enjoyed it. "Ugh. I missed you" I said, "Nobody plays with my hair anymore" Carl pffted and I opened my eyes to see him smiling.