Chapter 38

I sat at the counter, as I scrolled through my social media on my phone

I sat at the counter, as I scrolled through my social media on my phone. I heard the door close and I look up to see Carl carrying in a chain saw and a pump shot gun. "What the fuck are you doing?" I asked and he smirked. "Someone fucked with a vet" He said and I nodded looking back down at my phone.

"Don't hurt yourself" I said and he scoffed. "Hunting season's open. Come and get it, motherfucker." I laughed.

Debbie walked in with Franny and I smiled as I got up. I walked over and she handed me Franny, "Go shower Debs" I told her and she nodded sadly.

I took Franny into the kitchen and smiled "Well babe. Your Uncle Carl is psychotic" I said and Carl rolled his eyes. She reached up to grab his hat and he jerked away. "Aye! Don't be mean to the baby" I snapped, as Franny started crying. "baby" I said and held her against me. She stopped crying and I went upstairs to see Debs on her bed.

"Hey Debs you okay?" I asked and she sighed. "Franny took her first steps at her grandmothers" She said taking Franny from me. "That's good though right?" I asked. Debbie sighed, "I missed it though Del," she told me and I oohed. "I'm sorry Debs. But there is a lot of firsts coming up. You'll see the rest of those" I said and side hugged her. "Have a nice nap baby?" I said and Franny rubbed her eyes. "I'm here if you need me," I told her and she nodded.

I turned and went back downstairs. Carl was gone so I just went back to my own house.

I wore a tight black bustier and some short jean shorts. I danced around the house as I cleaned it and did laundry.

I sang along to one of the songs as I folded mine and Carl's clothes. The door opened and Carl walked in looking around. I turned the music off and walked over. "Can I help you?" I asked as he opened the gun cabinet. "The robberies are getting closer and closer to us." He told me and turned to me. "I just .. I need to look out for you." He told me and I smiled. "Babe. I appreciate it. Except nobody is breaking in here without being shot." I told him as the lock opened and he opened the cabinet.

He grabbed a grenade and I raised an eyebrow as he closed the cabinet. "Whoa whoa," I called out taking it from him. "No," I told him and smacked his hand as he went to get it back. "No Grenades," I told him and opened the cabinet. I put it back and then grabbed a clip of rubber bullets and a handgun. I cleared the chamber and put the clip in. "Here. Rubber bullets." I went to hand it to him but took it away. "Be safe with it Carl Francis. I don't need Fiona on my ass." I snapped and gave it to him. He smiled and leaned down kissing me. "I love you." I smirked, "I love you too."
-
I hung up Carl's uniform in my closet, well our closet. "Babe?" I heard and turned walking out. "What's up?" I asked before following him outside. "What the fuck is that?" I asked referring to the bear trap in front of the steps. "He won't get in." He said and I smiled. I didn't say anything, I just turned and went back inside.

The door slammed and arms went around my waist. I laughed as I was lifted off the ground. He took me into the bedroom and plopped me down on our bed. I turned and our hands intertwined as he held our hands above my head as he kissed me.

"Come on, Franny. - Let's go, Franny. Let's... come on. Let's walk for Aunt Laney, if not for me." I smiled and held my arms out "Come on. Little one!" I called out, but she just looked at me.

"Hey, wait, wait," Ian called out and handed me a beer. I smiled " Thank you." Ian nodded and turned back to Fiona. "So tell us what you said again right before Sean came out." Ian called out and Fiona nodded laughing a bit "Yeah. - Oh. I said, "He doesn't just use drugs, he uses people!"" We started laughing, as The girl called out "You are a fucking poet, Gallagher." The back door opened and Frank and Liam came in. "fuck, it hurts to laugh. My ribs are still sore." Lip called out. "What happened to you?" Ian asked. "I got laid or mugged or both, kinda." Carl nudged me and I laughed.

I looked up and gasped. "Oh, shit, she's walking to Frank!" Debbie called out. Franny was on her feet, as she wobbled over to Frank. "Suffer the little children to come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Frank recited. "Oh, shit, he really is Saint Francis." I called out, and we all cheered "Good job, Franny! Yay!" Frank put her down, and Debs reached her hands out "Come to Mommy! Come here! - Yeah. - Hi!"

Suddenly the sound of a Bear trap went off and someone yelled "Ow! Oh, what the fuck?" I looked back at Carl who called out "Oh shit! I got him" He kissed my cheek and got up and ran out the back door. He caught the junky robber.