Chapter 32

I walked from my dorm with my bag slamming against my back

I walked from my dorm with my bag slamming against my back. I walked to my car and drove to the Gallagher's. I grabbed my phone and smiled at Carl's contact pic. "Hey, babe." I said as I opened the door, "You there yet?" he asked, "Yeah just walked in." I told him and went up the stairs. "Ugh I can't wait for summer baby girl," he told me and I smirked.

"Me either babe," I told him and then reached their room. "Now where is it?" I asked and he says, "Look at our dresser" I nodded and turned, "Now walk over to it and open the top drawer." I did as he said, "Now feel in the drawer up top and you'll feel it" I did as he said and grabbed the taser.

I pulled it up by my face but still a length away as I flipped the switch and pressed the button making the blue electric come on and the noise sound. "Cool. I'll send it out when I can alright?" I asked and he chuckled. "Alright baby girl... Now I gotta go love you" I smiled and said "love you" hanging up. I slid my phone in my pocket and then turned walking out.

I walked into the kitchen and smiled at Ian and Trevor, "Hey Del" Ian called out. "Hey. Just stopping by for something your brother needed." I told him and walked over kissing Liam's head.

"Gotta go," I said but made a round of hugs for everyone before a knock came at the door. Ian went to open it and saw Frank. I rolled my eyes, "That's my cue to leave" I said and turned walking to the front door. I walked down to my car and drove down by Patsy's and parked. I went to Patsy's and sat down at the bar. "Hey, you" I heard and smiled at Fiona. "I got coffee wanna come help me?" she asked and I shrugged, "Sure." I stood up and walked with her over to the laundromat.

Fiona gave me a pair of goggles, a scraper, and a hammer. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun put the goggles on before putting my headphones in. I scrapped and hammered the floor as the sound of Billie Ellish blared through my headphones.

-------

I mouthed the lyrics to 'Bad Things' by MGK and Camilla Cabello, as I tried to scrape a hard tile. "Fuck!" I yelled as it slipped cut the tile in half and cut my hand. "Del," Fiona called out and I took my headphones out. Fiona rushed over to me and placed a towel on to my hand. "Are you okay?" she asked and I hissed in pain.

"Yeah. You got any band-aids?" I asked and she looked around before running to the back. She helped me jump up on top of a washer and put a wad of toilet paper into my hand. I grabbed my phone with my other hand and sent a text to Ian

'Hey. If you ever get a free chance will you swing by the laundromat and tape me up. I hurt myself just need to tape and bandage my hand'

I put my phone in my lap as I sighed "I tried Fi." I told her but she sighed. "No. No. You did great" she told me and patted my leg. She went down to finish my side as Kev walked in. "Hey Del," he told me and I smiled, "Hey."  Kev looked at Fiona asked, "What the hell are you doing?" Fiona sighed, "Pulling up tile." Kev looked at me and then back to Fiona, "With a spatula?"

Fiona and I groaned, "Don't ask." we both said and he nodded a bit. "How are you, Kev?" Fiona asked and Kevin says "Went over to Patsy's Pie, they sent me here. Since when do you work at the laundromat?" He looked at me and I shrugged. "I don't work here. I own the place." Fiona told him.

"No shit? That is so cool." Kev told her. "I thought so too. Does V know you're here?" Fi asked, "No, and she'll be pissed. Look, you know us best, and... I need your advice, so how 'bout this? I'll help you out in here, if you'll help me out in here." Kevin told her. "You're on," Fi told him.

Kev went to talk to Fiona and my phone buzzed. I grabbed it seeing Carl calling me again. I put one headphone in my ear and held my phone up with my good hand. He always tries to call me during the day if he can,

"Hey, you. Miss me?" I asked and he laughed. "Course." I smiled as he asked, "What's wrong?" I shrugged. "got a lot on my mind is all." I told him and smiled softly. "Alright, I gotta go. Love you" I told him and he smiled, "Love you too."

I hung up and Kev walked over to me. "Del, you've lived with Svetlana how do you feel about her?" Kevin asked and I hmmed. "Never trusted her. She's the mother of my nephew and given she lived at the house awhile I learned she'll lie for me but if I double-crossed her to Mick, I was fighting my dad off at night." Kev nodded and turned back to Fiona.

----

I sat on the washer as I patched up my hand myself to get back to work. Debbie came in and everyone started talking at once so I just zoned in on my hand. I heard a creek and looked up. The ceiling came down and I yelped scooting back.

Fiona fell to her knees as she laughed. "Are you okay Del?" Kev asked and I nodded. Fiona continued to laugh before she started sobbing. Kevin looked at me and said "I'll be back" I nodded and he turned leaving. "Fi. I'm gonna go get us some food okay?" I asked and she nodded.

I walked out of the laundromat and over to the restaurant. I got two boxes of donuts and brought them over to the restaurant. A lot of people were here working now. "Del!" Ian called out and I rushed over to him. Trevor took the boxes putting them on a shelf as Ian undid my wrap job. I hissed in pain and he sucked on his teeth. "Yikes. Nasty cut" he told me and took me into the back where the first aid kit was.

He sprayed some disinfectant on it and I gritted my teeth grunting. "I know sorry," he told me and wrapped my hand up. "Now be careful," he told me and kissed my head. He went to leave but I grabbed his arm. He turned back to me and raised an eyebrow, "Do you love him?" I asked and he looked at me weird.

"Like Mick?" I asked and he sighed. "I don't know Del," he told me and I nodded. "Sorry I asked," I told him and went to leave but he pulled me into a hug. "I miss him too," he whispered to me before letting me go.

Hearing cars honking and someone screaming we all went to the window. "Holy fuck" I called out. Ian and I rushed outside and Ian pulled Lip off him and I followed them down the street. I stood by the poll as Lip yelled at Ian. I slowly clapped and he groaned. "Fuck off Delaney," he told me but I scoffed. I walked after him as he stumbled. "So you burned your bridge with Sierra, who's next?" I asked and he scoffed. He stopped and I crossed my arms.

"Delaney. I said fuck off." Lip yelled but I laughed. "Please. I've been through so much shit you don't even know about. This doesn't compare to that." I told him. Lip then walked over and pushed me. "You try so hard to be this tough bitch, but in reality, you're a whore with daddy issues. You actually think Carl loves you?.." he trailed off scoffing.

"He only sees what I do, a jealous skank who will blow him for nothing." I rolled my eyes. "Try digging deeper. You started the fire now burn it down" I said and he laughed. "No wonder your dad didn't want you. Who wants a skanky slut as a daughter? I wouldn't. Just go do everyone a favor and kill yourself to make your dad proud of you for once." 

Lip pushed me again and I just punched him. Lip hit the ground and I stood over him. "Guess I was next" I spat, "Like father like fucking son" I scoffed, and turned walking back to my car.