Chapter 46

Carl and I took a trip to the Military supply store. Walking inside I smiled, "I'm gonna splurge." I told him and Carl laughed. "I'll grab some shirts and you go for the pants" He told me and I nodded. My heeled boots clicked against the linoleum, as I walked over to the camo pants. I grabbed a couple pairs laying them over my arm, as I heard "Hello?" I turned and smiled a hot guy.

"Hi" I s,aid and bit my lip. "My names Connor, Army" He held his hand out and I smiled wider, "Delaney. Not deployed. I'm here shopping for someone" I told him and he ahhed. "Boyfriend?" he asked disappointedly. "Oh. No. Close friend" I told him. If Carl wants to be with Kassidi, Game on. "Hmm. You're so beautiful" he said and I blushed. "Aww. Thank you!" I said and Carl walked over. "Did you get my size babe?" he asked and I rolled my eyes as Conner made a look and turned away. "If you need anything I'll be over there," he said and winked at me, before going away. "Why would you do that?" I snapped and he chuckled.

"What can I say. I'm territorial." he smirked and I rolled my eyes, "Not that much." I mumbled and he gave me a look. I winked and walked away from him. I grabbed a couple hats and put them in the cart. I grabbed my phone to look at the list Carl made me, before getting everything on the list.

Carl and I went up to the counter and put everything on the counter. "Can I get your school ID and your official state ID?" The man at the counter said and I smiled, as I reached into my bag to grab my ID. I put Carl's school ID on the counter and then mine on top. "Good morning Miss Milkovich, and Mr. Gallagher." the guy ringing us out greeted us. "Morning!" I told him. "That'll be 600$," He said and Carl's mouth hit the floor "Delaney" He warned, but I just turned and grabbed cash, "100..150..200..300..400..500..600," I said counted and he took it. "You have a great girlfriend Mr. Gallagher." he told him and I then spoke up, "Actually we're just friends."

The guy nodded and said, "Well then you have a great friend Mr. Gallagher." Carl smiled and said, "That I do." We took his things back to my car and packed his new duffle before leaving it in my car. "I'll just take you so tomorrow you show up at mine and we can go alright?" I asked and he agreed.

---

"Carl!" I called out walking into the house. I groaned and looked around before rushing up the stairs. "Hey! Have you seen Ian? I haven't.." I trailed off seeing him chained to the bed. I laughed and said, "You have fun with this. I'm going." Carl groaned. "Laney! Fucking let me out." He yelled but I laughed, "Actually. I'm gonna let you dwell. Think of this as payback." I winked and then turned walking away. "DELANEY," he yelled and I laughed going down the stairs.

My phone buzzed and I sighed, "Trev?" I asked answering my phone. "i found him. Where are you I'll pick you up." he told me and I told him where I was. I walked outside and he picked me up as we took off.

..

We followed one of the kids down the stairs to find Ian on a makeshift bed. "What the fuck Ian." I snapped. Trevor turned to me and I sighed taking a step back. Trevor walked over and sat in a chair. "How'd you find me?" Ian asked, "Bic. The cops are looking for you and they came by the center twice today. What are you planning to do?" Ian sighed, "I don't know yet."

"Well, they're threatening to send cops to the center to round up kids, throw them into group homes, send 'em back to their parents. They want you to give Blake back to his parents and for you and Bic to turn yourselves in." Trevor told him and I walked over, as Ian said "I'm making a difference here. I feel good. Alive."

"Ian, Fiona, and Lip are trying to find you. I'm worried about you. I think that you might be off your meds. Are you?" I asked but he chuckled. "Seriously Delaney." he snapped. "Damnit, Ian!" I snapped and threw something. "Open your eyes. You fucked up this time.  If they raid the center tomorrow, it'll be all over the news. Trevor's donors will disappear. The city will probably yank the permits and he'll have to shut down. All those kids will have nowhere to go and be forced back onto the streets." I snapped but he refused to look at me.

"Would you look at me? Are you even listening? Look at me!" I snapped and Trevor stood up pulling me back before saying "These kids believe in you, but this isn't about you helping them anymore. This is about you loving all of the attention and the hero worship." I then spoke, "If you care about these kids... I mean truly care about them like you claim you do... You'll turn yourself in before anyone gets hurt. That's what a real leader would have the courage to do."

Trevor let go of me and I stormed out. "You shouldn't talk to him like that." I heard and scoffed. "Fuck off Geneva," I told her and went outside. I shakily grabbed a cigarette and put it between my lips liting it. Trevor came out behind me and took the cigarette from me before pulling me into a hug.

--

I hurried and packed some last minute things. Carl came out in his new uniform and I smiled. "Ready to go?" I asked and he nodded. "CARL" We heard and turned to each other. "Go!" He called out and we walked out of the house to my car. I started it as Kassidi came running down the street, and Carl looked around frantic before he locked the door. "Carl! Stop! Get out of the car! Get out of the car, Carl! Stop" I put my foot down on the petal and we left her behind.

Halfway to our destination, we stopped for food. "There's a beautiful sight over there," Carl told me and took my hand and lead me towards it. He stopped and then turned to me. "I'm sorry I'm an asshole. I'm sorry I fucked up. Being with Kassidi made me realize something.. I don't want anyone but you. You rocked my world and gave me those fucking butterflies." he told me making me chuckle. "I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I love you, Delaney Milkovich. I want nobody else, but you..." He told me and squeezed my hands. "Please tell me you feel the same way," he mumbled. I smiled and nodded, "I love you too Carl Gallagher." I told him and he smiled before hugging me and lifting me off my feet making me laugh.

He set me on my feet and held up the ring. I held my hand out and he took it sliding it on my ring finger. " I love you." he told me and I smirked, "I love you too." he kissed me and I jumped up so my legs wrapped around his waist. He twirled me after pulling back and I was set on my feet. "Come on Corporal let's get you to school."

We pulled up to Military school the next day and Carl handed him his school ID. "Go on in Gallagher." He told us, and I drove in. I parked and Carl turned to me. "I'm gonna miss you," he told me and I just smiled. I leaned over the console and took his face in my hands. I kissed him roughly and then pulled back and kissed his cheek. "I'll miss you too." I dropped my hands and he kissed me before kissing my cheek. He got out and I started the car. He came over to my window and leaned in, "Call me when you get to school." Kissing him longingly we then pulled back he smiled, "I love you, Delaney." I smiled back, "I love you too Carl." He took a step back and I blew him a kiss before driving off.